SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Really whacked out ending to a recent game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 07.03.2008 20:46    Post subject: Really whacked out ending to a recent game Reply with quote

This was hands down the strangest ending I have ever seen to a stratego game. I was playing Mare. Mare's strategy seems to be very non lotto and do anything possible to get up a piece and stay that way. She managed to achieve her goal and was up a cap. I snared a few lieus however and had 2 extra than her. She was able to use her last highest piece, her major, and the cap she was up to trap my 2 extra lieus. So we each had a serge, she had the cap, a miner and a scout; I had 2 miners, a serge and a spy. she had 2 triangles to choose where flag would be. I bluffed miner with spy down to side of 1 triangle. she protected with cap but wasnt overly concerned it seemed. It was when I took an actual miner toward the other 1 that she scrambled to get the cap over to protect. I had that miner down the side and her cap was there diagonal. we flip flopped back and forth and i got distracted at home and lost the miner foolishly or the game would have been over right then. she moved her miner to my triangle in center and I decided I had better go for the draw. I blocked her with my miner and moved my serge to trap and force a sacrifice. as my serge was moving to do this, she whacks it with her scout. we then sac miners. Now it's down to my spy and serge, her cap and bombed in serge. I move serge toward the triangle she was concerned about earlier. She's acting kinda funny so I thought something was up with this setup. she asks for a draw and I decline after brief though. I bring spy over to the area and she scrambles to prevent me from getting in there with either piece. I weasel the spy in there, whack the back "bomb" and bingo, flag snared. what a game
art
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 11.03.2008 05:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

in a recent game of mine vs AceRimmer, he actually wasted a scout on one of my miners. I was so happy
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 11.03.2008 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, you can be proud and happy to know that for one shining moment in time, you fooled the great one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: