SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who should write the book on how to beat the new system?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 09.06.2010 12:30    Post subject: Who should write the book on how to beat the new system? Reply with quote

The man's name is Holunder. He is currently ranked #16 and has a buffer of non-adequates of 1 game. You heard that correctly. a single game. I think that anyone with a problem with the new system and desiring pointers on how to squeak by, call on Holunder. I think he has masterminded this thing
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 09.06.2010 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bob,

i think holunder is a good example that the new ranking works.

he is 18 with 1591 in classic ranking and 16 with 1570 in the challange ranking.

because his 2010 ranking is based of only 38 games, we have to watch if he reach his classic status of 1591 (based on 621 games).

i do not know him, but he played only few tough players and most of these games were lost.
without these lost games he would be by 1700, but i dont think that he is a cherry picker.

stratego
gentleben
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 10.06.2010 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holunder was one of the players that made my original top 4 cherry pickers on Gravon list. So it looks like he is doing just enough to stay in the rankings. I agree with Bob that Holunder desires to "squeak by" but I disagree with him that Holunder is beating the system. The system is working because it is keeping Holunder lower in the rankings than he otherwise could be under the old system.
psychicwarrior
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 12.06.2010 03:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 38 games, in my humble opinion, there is no way he should qualify for rankings at near mid year.

Dieter - I think you really need to take action here.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 16.06.2010 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the Holunder dude is working within the system. The dude shouldn't be singled out for any ranking exclusion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: