SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colours of names changed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruka
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 13.12.2010 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. A color for players who can play ranked games. (And let that color have the ability to play ranked games of every type, stratego, malefiz, rummikub, etc.) This color can also be used for players who can play ranked games but who are not ranked because they have not played enough games.

Blue is the color for users who are able to play ranked games. But the problem is, that there are users, who are allowed to play ranked rummikub, but not allowed to play ranked Stratego. The behavior of some users changes with the complexity of the game, so we decided to allow ranking individually for particular games. It is also important for distinguished possibilities to handle difficult situations. So there is a possibility to ban someone for one game-ranking, but not for another in which a user might be a very fair and exemplary player. Showing every ranking of one user would lead to the problems Stratego already explained.

To allow ranking for particular games has also the advantage, that unexperienced users are protected of being used to get a better rank in the list. That might be unlikely for Stratego, in other games it would be possible.

For all other problems like handling new users, who don't know how to play ranked, there are admins and mods for explaining. The users who leaves rooms after not being able to join a game will surely ask or try again, I think.

I hope I got it right.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 30.12.2010 07:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratego wrote:
hi ben,

yes maybe we misunderstand each other:

we cannot enable all rankings for all registered players. this bring us back to
old times with 100 of double nicks. its a lot of work to check the registered players
and we finally have a working system especially for stratego.

next to that i do not understand the difference between:

Just have one color for people who can play ranked games regardless of
what game that is. But do not give them a ranking until they play the
required number of games, just like playa1 who is no longer ranked but
can play ranked games if he chooses.

and

And then have a color for those who cannot yet play ranked games but are registered and working on it.

what is the difference between "working on it" and "untill they played the required number of games"

blue nick means:
this player has at least one ranking enabled - regardless of what game that is.

- only rummikub ranking (active after the requirement no of games)
- only malefiz ranking (active after the requirement no of games)
- only startego ranking (active after the requirement no of games)
- or a mix of any mentioned rankings (active after the requirement no of games for each game)

white => unreg player - no rankings at all

of course we could create 2 or 3 more colors for each status, but no
one understand this and we wanted a very simple system.

all admins within the team fully agreed to the new system.

of course you (or others) can bring up a proposal for the next meeting and i will ask
the team if we follow the arguments and change it again. (we meet every 14 days)

greets
stratego

Hi Stratego. I think this system now is fine. It's easy enough to communicate with the player to see if he can play a ranked game of Stratego or if he even wants to. There are players who are blue and waiting on a game but have no desire to play a ranked game; example is Mondfalk. So if you see a guy in a room who is blue, simply ask if he'd care to or is able to play a ranked game. That dont sound to difficult
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: