SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X-Files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 15.01.2011 00:28    Post subject: X-Files Reply with quote

Is there a reason why Chief has won a bunch of games against people where 0 moves have been made but the results are showing up as x-files? Has he found some kind of loop hole in the system? Is this why it takes him half an hour to setup for a game? It just seems a bit odd that he has won so many, often against people with no other x-file results, yet 0 moves were ever made. However if the game didn't begin, then they shouldn't be showing up anyway? Is he getting ranking points for all this?
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 15.01.2011 00:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think whats happening is, someone joins his room and begins the game, sets up and then he takes soooo long to get ready, they go off and forget they've started a game. He then takes his move, it goes to them and they don't come back to the game as they forgot about it - their time runs out and he wins.

I could be wrong but thats how it seems to me...
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 15.01.2011 09:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

the problem is known as a bug in the current software.

it happends if you play a game with bronstein modus and after the game, the opponent clicks at "start next round".

if a player does not want to play another game and leaves the room, the remaining player
waits till the time runs down. (the 10 mins for rejoining the game)

the result is send to the server as a win, even if the game shows 0 moves.

the problem occur after we fixed another problem. (its not allowed to leave a game while waiting for a bronstein time out)
these games should also be in the x-files.

because the problem is known, but tricky to fix, it needs some time.
all game results will be deleted and in meantime i spoke to chief about the fact, that he has a
lot of games in the list with 0 moves.
maybe he was not aware of it, but for future we will not accept this any longer. (till it is fixed)

there is no problem to sort out all games from the list. zero points for the ranking, but a lot of trouble, if
players try to use the known bug for some easy wins.

by the way its not allowed to use "starting next round" without asking your opponent for a rematch!

stratego
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 18.01.2011 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok now I see how it works. Definitely a loophole in the system. I had such a game last year (that I pm'd you about) but it hasn't been changed as yet, so last years rankings could still be updated if the bug is to be solved and those games removed. But I can see it will take some time to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: