SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tableplay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 06.03.2012 01:37    Post subject: Tableplay Reply with quote

Hi Tableplay - I didnt ask for a rematch actually, but thanks for your hasty exit from gravon anyway. I just said it was building up nicely as a close game before you guessed with the spy. That doesn't take away from your win, or mean you have to run off, I was just expressing disappointment at how a good game was thus spoiled - I dont expect you to think the same since it got you the win, but it was really nicely poised for a good close finish.

Anyway hope to play you again soon.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 07.03.2012 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tableplay isnt someone who runs away when upset about your words samuel. For sure not when he just picks up a flag with his spy. Probably he just had something to do.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 08.03.2012 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he found the marshal with the spy but it was a pure guess and a huge risk to take in my opinion, and what had been a very tight game was then over as he was also now able to take out a major I had up front as well. I just thought it was a shame as the game was going all the way to a tight finish, would have been very exciting. He may still well have won, it wasn't about who won or lost, just the fact it was a shame it was decided like that. But he took that to mean I was asking for a re-match and left, which was a pity.
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 23.03.2012 22:56    Post subject: Actually Reply with quote

Actually Samuel, IIRC (it was some days ago now), I was dismayed about the "bit lucky" part, after I guessed at your marsh with a blind spy attack. I was not thinking that you were requesting a re-match. We had a game, I happened to win and I texted gg. After that either or both of us is free to go on their way.
Unfortunately, since every kid and his brother now brings the marshall out in the 1st second of play, I am forced to gamble with my spy this way -- I think that this degenerates the game of Stratego, but that's the way it's played these days . . . .

Cheers, tp.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 24.03.2012 00:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really understand that last point Tableplay? You blind attacked well into the game, the piece had been sitting there for some time but wasn't really attacking. I can't speak for others but I have setups that facilitate different ways to use the marshall, some involve bringing him out right away, others keep him hidden longer. You and I sit in the 1500+ region on the ranking list, suggesting we will normally beat "every kid and his brother" most times. Going on previous games I'd venture to say we're extremely well matched, hence the close games we've enjoyed (and both won a few). If you felt dismayed that I thought it was a bit lucky with your spy, Im dismayed that you think I'm no better than the average white name that comes on there and ploughs in with the marshal, then the general, etc! I like to think Im a bit more experienced than that!
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 24.03.2012 21:49    Post subject: last reply on this subject. Reply with quote

01:34 Classic samuel tableplay 0 : 1 forfeit 50-100 0:09:20

The game lasted all but 9:20 minutes as shown above. I don't recall posting that I thought you were an average player. My point was that I didn't assume you wanted a rematch, even though you said I did (where did I state you wanted a rematch ?) . Just as you are saying now that I think you are an average player, even though I stated no such thing. I'm quite surprised that you found our match to even be something to post about in the first place.

This is my last post on this subject.

Regards, tp.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 25.03.2012 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you suggested as every kid and his brother brings out the Marsh right away, I would have done the same, which is why you went for it not knowing what it was. I might do sometimes but its hardly my only strategy, like it might be for newer players.

I thought I'd post as you left gravon midway through the conversation saying something like "sorry I dont have time for a re-match" which is what confused me. Anyway lets put it to bed now and hope to play again soon.
art
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 03.04.2012 00:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

you cannot win an argument with samuel. He's always right. Tableplay should never be judged on sportsmanship after a game ends, he's one of gravon's finest gentlemen.

To take a marshall blindly is always the fault of the victim of this crime.
Because unless the marshall attacks a 3rd piece first, that otherwise means that the marshall moved toward the spy first, then was taken with the spy.
The "blindness" is 2 sided, because the marshall moved into dangerous waters.

Games can be won without the spy, its value ranks somewhere behind a colonel in its importance.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.04.2012 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry art? You went to the lengths of involving admin to stop a game after it had started, so worried you were of having to play a ranking game, so who are you to comment on this? You shouldn't be ranked at all if thats how far you will go to get out of playing a ranked game. After pressing accept with the ranking box clearly checked, of course.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 09.04.2012 07:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw TP's name in lights and being that I've known the dude since my 1st days on this great site I thought I might comment. Then I saw that the Artster had weighed in on this subject I knew I had to comment. TP was one of the 1st dudes I played on here and Artser may have been the 1st dude. Artster was certainly online my 1st day here and has been an inspiration to me in playing this great game.

OK first of all, I have the utmost respect for TP. I mean I'm talking mammoth respect. He is one of very few dudes and the only dude I can think of....wait I take that back...but anyway he is one of the few dudes that I have never beaten. Stratego is another that I thought of when writing that sentence. Anyway TP is the cream of the crop no matter what his ranking is. If he whacked a Marsh with a blind spy it was no luck. Also I will back up what Art said about TP being 1st class player, gentleman and all that. TP is tip top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: