SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012 Medal for Bravery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 02.01.2013 08:16    Post subject: 2012 Medal for Bravery Reply with quote

Ok the votes are in and tabulation of stats made and winner is hereby announced.

Medal for Bravery: Count Floyd

the Count played a whopping 69.3% of his 371 games vs 1500 and up players. This goes beyond taking on all comers, this is seeking out the highest ranking players possible and REFUSING to play lowly rankers. Count Floyd ended with a 1448 rank and thus never even had to play a single game with a 1500 ranker, instead he played 257 against them

Last edited by unbiasbob on 02.01.2013 15:15; edited 1 time in total
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 02.01.2013 13:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm,

if you cannot say something nice about a person, its better to say nothing.

hopefully we do not get more medals - like the medal for meaningless postings.

the medals (undesirable) are granted by the admins (in background)
no need to talk about it.

but what about medals about the best ideas for new features?
for the best and usefull postings?
for the action and idea to organize an online stratego tourney?
etc etc

and where the hell are the medals for the admins?
count_floyd

PostPosted: 02.01.2013 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Unbiasbob for recognizing that I did all that without knowing this.But aside from that I will personally like to give my personal award for the entire team of Gravon for making this site after 10 years the best Stratego site of all. And also I really thank you once again for re-instating me back into the circuit this past year.Keep up the great work Team Gravon and may this site exist and stay strong for another 10 years...Cheers! The Count
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 02.01.2013 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Points well taken Stratego. You're welcome Count_Floyd and it is a great achievement. Also I agree that Gravon is the greatest Stratego site that has ever been or ever will be. Thanks to Stratego, NC Spion and company for making it work all these years. Count just completed a decade and I'm in about 8 years. Nothing but quality on Gravon. Top shelf stuff. Keep rockin
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 02.01.2013 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

count_floyd wrote:
Thank you Unbiasbob for recognizing that I did all that without knowing this.But aside from that I will personally like to give my personal award for the entire team of Gravon for making this site after 10 years the best Stratego site of all. And also I really thank you once again for re-instating me back into the circuit this past year.Keep up the great work Team Gravon and may this site exist and stay strong for another 10 years...Cheers! The Count

I agree with County here. And I think Bob that you made your point already in earlier posts. I agree with Stratego to give positive medals, not negative.

I think Gravon has the greatest stratego site with the best features. Especially the more square rule is excellent integrated in Gravon and I know that is not easy made.

Furthermore the admins spion and Stratego take many efforts and free time into the site for years. Gold medal for that.

A good, healthy and strategical 2013 to all Stratego players!!
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 07.01.2013 00:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if its pointless to raise awareness of this though - the fact the rules changed so you now have to play a certain amount of respectable opposition to be ranked means there was an issue with people avoiding this. So it should work both ways and someone who actively seeks out the toughest games shouldn't perhaps be commended for this, but it should be mentioned just to show the balance that can be achieved. If the system is set up properly then it shouldn't make any difference as you should get enough reward for beating someone miles ahead of you so though you win fewer games, you still get the same points as you would by beating a lot of poor players. Im not sure though as you only seem to ever gain 1 point for a win regardless who its against, so it's tough to go up or down much once your initial score comes in each year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: