SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WSC down forever?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wellington
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 27.08.2003 10:39    Post subject: WSC down forever? Reply with quote

Nor www.worldstrategoclub.com nor www.zeddweb.com can be found no more! Did Zedd give up both domains??

W.
jerry
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 29.08.2003 10:37    Post subject: site's down Reply with quote

Hello Welly Man.

The WSC could or can still be re-activated, I,m sure I read a message some while back about Spion being able to take over the main page in order to save all the valuble information for Stratego players posted with in the site.

Unfortunately..You know as well, it all hit's a wall with one Addministrator, who after all the hard work, you would think to be more than happy to pass it on!

I would not ponder in sending a e-mail as I,m sure you will receive no reply, If you don't care, why bother?

Hope to catch ya soon my freind, I will be around more often to play soon, to many work and social duties have dissolved most of my time lately..

Cheers Jerry.
spion
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 29.08.2003 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

i asked Zedd to send me the WSC web pages months ago but he never responded

Perhaps one of you could send him a mail too...

Best regards
spion
ghochan
User

PostPosted: 29.08.2003 18:47    Post subject: WSC RIP Reply with quote

What do we still need from the WSC site? I worked as hard as anyone to get that club up and running, but from my perspective, its time has passed. The new community we have here at gravon meets our needs just as well as -- and in some cases better than -- WSC ever did. All we need is a bit more participation in the forum to regain the same sense of community we had there.

Various features in gravon make many of the tools we had at WSC unnecessary. The game itself has all of the rules built in and assigns wins in the case of a disconnect. There is no need to post games any more, since that is automated. The site is actively monitored by administrators who are empowered to take action against bad behavior when necessary, so most of the governing documentation that we had at WSC (constitution and Code of Conduct) is really not necessary any more.

WSC was great in its time and it filled a need in the online Stratego community, but I think its time is over and we should just bid it a fond farewell. Let's just go with the clean start that we have made here at gravon.
Warhero_POW
User

PostPosted: 29.08.2003 23:16    Post subject: It's history Reply with quote

ghochan, right on brother!
kentinator
User

PostPosted: 30.08.2003 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys! Yes, you are so right ghochan. All that is needed to regain that cool sense of a club we had is to use this forum to exchange ideas frequently.
I have taken a bit of a Stratego break, but I will get back playing before long. I found my play was really starting to go going downhill.
My goodness though - the competition is getting tougher all the time isn't it! It's hard to find new tricks - everyone knows them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: