SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Stratego Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 14.04.2006 02:51    Post subject: New Stratego Game Reply with quote

hello all,

here a first view at the new europe stratego game.
i am very prood of the new female spy. the game will be officially present
in utrecht at 10th may.

the game contains for a first time a new short game version called: duell
replaces barrage, which was never official. duell is played with 10 pieces and contains all stratego elements. (i.e. 2 bombs)

the piece box is splittet now, this simply matters the setup at tourneys.
the blinds is much larger now and comes with a plastic holder.

in addition i discussed a changing concerning the two-square-rule. jumbo agrees and the new manual will show a 3 times moving instead of the five time moving. this changes nothing, but is important for tourneys with chessclocks. think the new rules come 2007 into effect.
next days i finish the new manual for germany, austria and swiss. gravon will provide the new pieces after 10th may.

the wc and national championchips in 2006 will take place with the "old" pieces, because all must get used to the new pieces.

stratego

ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 15.04.2006 02:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not very happy with the new board, on tournament a lot of people will make mistakes. We all have to get used to the new pieces.

But the pictures on the new box are fine I think.

Luckily we play with the old pieces on the WK stratego
lightwing
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 15.04.2006 03:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I don't like the new pieces neither, but indeed, we will play the wk with the "old"pieces
-deleted129
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 15.04.2006 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like it either. In fact it really s*cks.

Maybe it's a matter of getting used but I really really like to stick with the 'old' ones.
Remember I use them for several decades.

And if I play today with the American pieces (or other types) I will loose 9 out of 10 playing vs a 6 year old.

Darn, what a bugger. And also not very respectfull of Jumbo, to change the pieces in the same year as the designer passed away on the age of 90.
Maybe the contract said they couldn't change the looks of the figures as long the disigner was alive...
The boards itself changed several times the last years (brightyellow, green-blue, brownish)
The best thing changed the last years was the "board-in-one-piece" used on the German Championships for the first time, triggerd by Stratego AKA Dieter. So your pieces wouln't flip over in the centre of the field.
THAT is am improvement worth a change.

The only positive thing is that I can spot in the new pieces is that they (Jumbo) are putting effort and energy in the boardgame.

Quote www.Strategobond.nl :

27 februari

De ontwerper van de spelstukken van Stratego (Frans Smits) is overleden. Frans Smits was een veelzijdig man en tot de vele ontwerpen die hij maakten, behoorden de al genoemde spelstukken van Stratego, maar bijvoorbeeld ook kraag- en baretemblemen en sabels van het leger. Frans Smits verwierf in 1948 faam met zijn ontwerpen voor ceremoniële uniformen van de garderegimenten. Hij was verder nauw betrokken bij het Legermuseum en de Nationale Taptoe. Frans Smits overleed op dinsdag 21 februari. Hij is 90 jaar geworden.

Sad greetings, but remember it is only MY opinion
Wussy
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 15.04.2006 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Totally agree with you Wussy.

Quote:
And if I play today with the American pieces (or other types) I will loose 9 out of 10 playing vs a 6 year old.

I only think this is a bit axaggerated
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 15.04.2006 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why Jumbo hasn't contacted me yet about putting my face on the front of the cover; especially now that there is a female spy. Hell, she's going to need some quality loving that only the great Sadistic can supply.
leto
User

PostPosted: 15.04.2006 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding this new rule of 3 moves: I think it does change the game.

Suppose an unknown piece moves forward towards your known and trapped piece. The defender moves it to the left (empty square).

The unknown piece follows.

Question now is: does he want to capture the other trapped piece or is he just trying to pass?

We dont know this yet because this one move means nothing.
But if the trapped piece moves back to the other field to get this information he HAS to stop on that field rather than making that choice after the other piece follows.

Also depending on the exact detail of the rule new problems may arise with programming the now 3 moves rule into computer games.

Leto
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 16.04.2006 01:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand Leto? Am I right the 5 square rule will chance into a 3 square rule?

I did not know rules will chance too....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: