SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To: Admins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 27.04.2007 01:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's 2 sides to every game. Did Ruben have the advantage? He says he did. I'm inclined to believe this unless proven otherwise. I don't understand all the attacks on Rube, in my 2 years on here, he has never shown me any unsportive behavior. He likes the game and he puts out challenges; that's what the game is all about. He challenged me a while back, I played him and he whooped my butt good. He is a solid player and good sport IMO. I think a match btw Gio and he would be a great game.
giovedi
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 27.04.2007 07:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, your post is a bit inconsistent. First you say that there's 2 sides to every game, then your represent only one side due to your personal experiences with ruben.

Let me ask you, how do we know that ruben really had an advantage?

Much of it is speculation as we only know for sure that he was up one bloody scout, that's the only fact we've got.
According to ruben he was marching towards delboys-flag.
According to Delboy he wasn't and his flag was bombed in anyway.
Most pieces had already been discovered.

I would neither go so far to say that Delboy had an advantage nor that Ruben had.

Ruben will never find out if he was right or wrong and that's the point. Without knowing for sure he cannot simply say that he was right, because this would imply that Delboy is a liar.
Delboy on the other hand is far from being famous for breaking up games when losing.

In my opionion it is a nasty way to win a game and a experienced player like Ruben should have no need to win like that.

So if you were Ruben, would you have claimed the victory or simply re-played the game?
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 27.04.2007 09:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this a game of classic ?
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 27.04.2007 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, it was duell!

Personally I think he did this because he knew DelBoy was my brother.

Another attempt to try to wind me up? Maybe!

At the time......me and ruben had been arguing on the forum because of his unsporting acts in 2 games we played together. The first time he pulled something........I let it go......(as he had previously been fair) BUT the second time I blew up and publicly aired my views about his behaviour.

The game between del and ruben seemed fairly tied.......del had a slight bit of extra information and ruben had an extra scout.

When a player bombs in........in a game of duell....the scouts become fairly unimportant........which was dels point. What formation ruben was using......only ruben knows.

The game had nothing between the players.......and should have been replayed in my opinion. It wasn't and ruben took the win........which makes him very unsporting in my book. That's my opinion anyway!
You may not feel this is unsporting........but I would say the majority of players would feel agrieved at losing this way.

This is why I and DelBoy will not play him again.

Quote:
Unfortunately Ace and Giovedi dont want/dare to play me

The reason why I find rubens statement provocative......is because HE KNOWS it isn't because I am scared to play him......it is because I think he is unsportive.
Why try to attempt to get a reaction by hinting something, which you know is untrue ruben?
Why even mention it.............other than to gain a reaction?
delboy
User

PostPosted: 27.04.2007 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruben wrote:
I had a clear advantage and my pieces were ready to attack

For me it was as you know not unsportive because I had an nice advantage, and if people let these games be removed players can use it to remove games where they are behind.

ruben u talk out of ur ass, u had no CLEAR advantage!

i just hope it happens to you someday so you know how it feels hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: