SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who's the best player on gravon in your eyes ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skywalker
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 07.09.2007 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm 16 almost 17"
"I'm a human too"

Quote:
i can also argue with teenagers but adults aswell.

well, you just proved it that you can't.
don't you yourself realize the lack of self control reflected in your post?
ricardo90
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 07.09.2007 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah so ? thats my thing to make myself clear.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 07.09.2007 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skywalker, I dont think your posts in this topic are usefull.

I think most things Ricardo says are true. And I personally think Ricardo is a little better than Ace. He has far more experience ( especially with top players).

And if you want to proove you are a top stratego player Ace, you should perform good in real life tournaments.

The average level in tournaments is higher than on internet I think.

People are not always fully motivated on the internet.

I myself have less patience, am not very motivated to think long and I try new tactics on the internet.

In Real life tournaments I use my trusted set ups that has proven their value.

I think many players do the same.

Its just the players who does not play (often) in real life who are very motivated on the internet. And you can see that in the ratings.

One thing is sure, Ace is the ultimate UL master. I think at barrage there is a large group who doesnt difference much from each other.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 07.09.2007 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skywalker:

Yes, I agree with you. ricardo90 is talking alot of hot air......when it comes to him "CLAIMING" to be only playing for practice.

That is too funny for words.

He wants to win and trys his best to beat me and other top players on Gravon.
He only uses this excuse because he loses so many!

And yes, I do know his age.........but I would suggest I was never arguing with ricardo......merely discussing his topic and asking him WHY he feels my 5-0 drubbing of him (and #2 spot in the rankings) makes him feel he is a better player than me.
It is still illogical in my eyes, that a player over 150 krach points below me.......and suffereing from a 5-0 defeat......still thinks he is so superior?

ricardo:
No one said you weren't a good player. But your only claim to fame is a 2nd place in 1 tournament.
Anyone of maybe a dozen players have the ability to win the WC. It is played over 1 day......and basically whoever is on top form on that 1 day......will walk away the World Champion. The difference between the skill levels of the top players are minimal which means it is mainly down to who performs best on the day.
A player could be the best player for 11 months.....but if he has a bad day when it comes to the big tournament......then anyone of the top players could win. The skill level is too close at the top......no one really dominates.
If the championships was a league.......and you finished 2nd.......over the course of 1 year (like in football) then I would concede.......you are 2nd best for that year.
You had a good day at the WC. Nice for you and congrats..........but that means sod all......when u take beating after beating in the bread and butter competition of the Gravon rankings.
You are a top 20 player in the world.......in my eyes.......maybe even top 10 (if i am being kind). That is my opinion. Maybe if you prove to me you can beat me.....then you may rise in my estimations.

ruben:
I actually agreed with most of your first post......and then most of your 2nd post.
The only thing i did not agree with......is that you think ricardo is slightly better than I.
7-0 SAYS he is not slightly better than me.
If he was 4-3 or 3-3-1 OR even 3-4........then I could see some reason........but 7-0 is not even close.
ricardo90
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 07.09.2007 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

ace, the WC is not played over 1 day but over 2 games. the teamgames i won all 4. this year i was 4th, but decided by m-buch points nr 7. last year i was 2nd. i won 3/4 of my teamgames. normal tournaments in holland. i'm always @ top 3 or 5, so i think i can rather say that its not 1 time. i have many prizes in my livingroom. 29 trophees and 5 medaillons. so isn't that proved enough ?

and yes i still think i'm better then you. maybe your leading with 7-0 thats between us. but i want to know if you do the same on a reallife tournament with the best players around you. would you win so many games also ? hmm i doubt it.
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 08.09.2007 01:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ace, the WC is not played over 1 day but over 2 games.

I assume you either mean

a) It is played over 2 days
or
b) It is played over 2 tournaments

(Your sentence "over 2 games" does not sound like many games to play a World Championship over......so I assume it is a typo.)

If you mean it is split over 2 days......then really......you are splitting hairs my friend. One day or 2 days......not much difference really.

If you mean it is played over 2 tournaments........yes I know there is also a team tourney, but these are 2 separate tournaments. Your score for the individual event do not add to the team event.

Quote:
the teamgames i won all 4. this year i was 4th, but decided by m-buch points nr 7. last year i was 2nd. i won 3/4 of my teamgames.

Nice record!
Only 1 problem......I here from the German team............ that they only used their participation in the team tournament as "practice" for real life individual tournaments.
jk
Nice record mate! Very similar to my team tournament record.

Quote:
normal tournaments in holland. i'm always @ top 3 or 5, so i think i can rather say that its not 1 time. i have many prizes in my livingroom. 29 trophees and 5 medaillons. so isn't that proved enough ?

WOW!
Very Nice!
I am pretty impressed. I might have to definately move you up to a top 10 place.

Quote:
and yes i still think i'm better then you. maybe your leading with 7-0 thats between us. but i want to know if you do the same on a reallife tournament with the best players around you. would you win so many games also ? hmm i doubt it.

You fill find out some time soon (i hope). For now........7-0 says otherwise!
If you are old enough to bet........then I would be happy to put ?100 on a best of 3......in a 3 game real life showdown.
Start saving your pocket money!
Whats the legal age to gamble in the Netherlands?
I don't want your dad turning up and saying how I am taking money from minors.
againhere
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 08.09.2007 01:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you are old enough to bet........then I would be happy to put ?100 on a best of 3......in a 3 game real life showdown.
Start saving your pocket money!
Whats the legal age to gamble in the Netherlands?
I don't want your dad turning up and saying how I am taking money from minors.

i think ricardo is scarred and will ot accept your challenge but i think ricardo is as good as ace the one who has better form on that day will win u can flip a coin that would be the same maybe it doesnt take so long
nochance
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 08.09.2007 02:03    Post subject: nC Reply with quote

Hi together;

I didn't want to start a conflict between anybody here.

Ric: you asked for the best gravon player-> so you mean the best online playing (gravon) player and NOT the best tournament player, who plays ALSO on gravon.

That some people dont play serious at gravon is just their problem. At times i dont play so serious as i should do. But however; i don't like to hear some like that, when i won...

Last but not least: the only true thing is the ranking list
ricardo90
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 08.09.2007 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not scared to bet. the legal age is 18.

to nochance. the players i mentioned are also gravon players. like erik v/d berg = General_E and al others i said are gravon players aswell.

to ace. everyone has an opponent who is maybe not better but stronger because the other didn't win before. you know what i mean ? a kind of angstgegner. maybe that you're mine, i don't know, but on the board i'm much better then on gravon, because i can see my opponent now. this means his bodylanguage is vieuweble by some moves etc. and yes my answer for the WC was a typo. i meant that the WC takes 2 days and the third day is the teamplay.
pats010304

PostPosted: 09.09.2007 00:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 5 players in the world. This is not an opinion. This is FACT. Write it down as gospel.

5) Lion
4) Wellington
3) PUNISH
2) Sadistic
1) Lightwing

Now you can close this thread, there is no more debate. Your welcome everyone for me clarifying this debate for you.
ricardo90
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 09.09.2007 12:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol punish from metaforge ? hahahaha hell no.

wellington ? yeah maybe i don't know how he would play on tournaments. same for sadi.

i agree about lion and lightwing. they are very good players.
againhere
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 09.09.2007 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 5 players in the world. This is not an opinion. This is FACT. Write it down as gospel.

5) ricardo90
4) NoChance
3) unbiasbob
2) art
1) againhere

Now you can close this thread, there is no more debate. Your welcome everyone for me clarifying this debate for you.
ricardo90
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 09.09.2007 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol lol
jerry
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 10.09.2007 11:20    Post subject: Lol Ric.. Reply with quote

Did that Hair tickle yr left leg when yr saks dropped Maybe when yu turn 20, yu may have some contribution towards talking normal as a Adult..until then my teen freind, take it all in and learn.

My best over the Last 6 years of being on line and played in no particular order.

1.Codyman
2.Hemihead
3.Marshal_Hal
4.Sadi
5.Hide your Flag
6.LightWing

Cheers Jerry.
skywalker
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 10.09.2007 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerry, do you mean the drunken hemihead or the dry?

ruben, maybe you're right. maybe we should separate the players who attend on live tournament from the players who don't.
it could be that you take it more serious without playing live from time to time.
ace is an exception here, i think. he plays live tournaments sometimes but is far from playing loose in online games.

ace and ric, why don't you guys play a best of 5 series? that would bring this discussion to an end. at least, i think so...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: