SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do u find this insulting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sinister_Spy
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 03.12.2003 02:41    Post subject: Do u find this insulting? Reply with quote

Now many players think that saying gg after a game is an insult, well this takes the cake in insults. I had the goodwill to play kentinator in UL for the 9th time. I have defeated this guy 8 times out 9 in UL. Now everyone gets upset at losing but what separates good players from the great players is to take losing gracefully, don't you think? I have been guilty of doing this and having sour grapes after a loss but nothing like this. Kentinator told me that he will never play me again because I move too slow. He said that he lost his entire train of thought because of my slow moving. Well I do need to think and it wasn't as though I was taking 5 minutes to move. That is an insult to me and he didn't even have the decency to say gg, like I care in the first place. I get ripped when I say gg and this dude blames slow play for me winning! Ya, you didn't say anything the other 7 times I won. It isn't nice to have sour grapes but to say you'll never play me again is ridiculous. Take accountability for losses. The guy is very terse and assuming also. Its funny because the guy always asks me to play
cosmo
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 03.12.2003 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi spy
do i think not saying gg is insult NO if it wasnt a good game lol i never say gg if i dont think it is but i will say well played if it was the case or bad luck if i feel it was the case cuz at the end of the day if you cant congratulate your opponent if you lose then dont expect it in return as for slow play one of our games other day sinister was like 55mins and for ul on gravon thats long but i wasnt concerned about you taking time on moves ( wish i had instead of forgetting to take your 6 lol ) as i said at time i understood and u made some excellent moves and won an excellent game because of the time you took ,so dont worry what people say you play way you play
by the way kent is an excellent ul player so winning 8 from 9 is awsome

cos
Sinister_Spy
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 03.12.2003 19:09    Post subject: :) ty Reply with quote

Yes, I agree Kent is a good UL player. You see I could have turned around, had i lost the game, and said that you pressured me into moving quickly and therefore I made a stupid move. Look at the flip side of things. In order to make meaningful good moves u need to take the time and think out the move. I have played people like Agresor who take even long than me in moving but, hey, that's ok because if it wins u the game then its all good.
kentinator
User

PostPosted: 20.12.2003 03:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read this now, or I would have responded earlier.
I have a big fault - I admit. That fault is that sometimes when I lose, I get very angry, and often say things I don't mean or shouldn't.
I'm sorry SinisterSpy - I should have said gg. I hated to lose that game though, because it was a won game that I blundered due to lost concentration.
But I also hate the fact that UL has turned into a game of rushing in with the three biggest guys, and winning by out-rescuing the other guy. I don't see much fun in that. I used to enjoy good games of UL, but now I feel helpless in the games that are played lately.
I think I will stick to Classic - far less luck.
Sinister_Spy
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 20.12.2003 06:47    Post subject: No hard feelings Kentinator Reply with quote

Everything is A ok kentinator. Maybe one day you will rediscover love for UL and we will play again! ))))) When I see u we will definitely play classic! I will try to move faster for ya! )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: