SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing in Asia - interesting!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 16.08.2009 16:28    Post subject: Playing in Asia - interesting! Reply with quote

I've been out in China for the last year or so, and the last 2 months travelling around Asia. When I've had time I have of course been logging in for some games, but I have noticed that because a lot of places here have slow internet lines, my games often get disrupted by connection drops or are just so slow my clock runs out. Thats harmed my x-files including some embarrassing losses to the likes of atapja, markus1971 and Phaderus simply because of my bad connection. So its just a warning really to anyone who might go to Asia, check what sort of speed you have before engaging in ranked games, especially if the opponent has a timer set! Luckily Im back home in 2 weeks and will be back on a good connection, not to mention I will no longer have the problem of there being no players around at peak times due to the +7 or 8 hour time difference!

Once connection speeds improve in Asia I wonder if we'll see more players from there coming on to Gravon. Stratego is the kind of game Chinese people would really love!
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 16.08.2009 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Samuel. You have some interesting posts! Maybe the admins can do something about it, especially the game time glitch!

More players in Asia would be nice too. Maybe someone will put some effort in it...
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 18.08.2009 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rave in the cave has lost some due to connect probs. no x-file probs due to timer though. Asia's a big place though and quite a lot of it has decent connections unless you're off the beaten track.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: