SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Accurate Stratego Rating System - What do YOU Think?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 13.06.2010 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi ed,

we all were on a right way with good arguments to find some better parameters for the current ranking.

but you distroy all, just because i (or others) dont agree with your suggestions.

even if i post you a link for hermanns documentaion about his ranking, you just remark, that you will not read it.
i think its not possible to argue with facts, if you dont know what he is doing.
i also offered you an email to hermann. i dont think he will answere, if you use your insulting style,
but if you aks serious questions or if you face him with facts, he will find the time to explain it.

once again: i do not have time for "kindergarten" discussions - lets stop it here and now and come back to the red line.

i posted a proposal and need a feedback with pro and cons.

stratego
psychicwarrior
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 13.06.2010 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dieter,

I thank you for a fine gaming site. Let's make that clear before anything else.

You asked for feedback on the ranking system and I gave you much in regards to this with the sole intent of making this a superior ranking system and not the inferior one, in my opinion, that it is now. You are still yet to answer my direct questions in previous posts which I annoying. You clearly don't want to address the major weaknesses in the Kleier system.

I am sure Hermann can read these and he can respond if he likes. I have challenged him to an open debate. Private emails accomplish little. I have made clear the shortcomings of his system and gave examples of better systems and ways to improve this.

Yes, I have defended them also against overly simplified arguments by those with little mathematical understanding or in depth knowledge. I am sure you realize that anyone with strong convictions and expertise is going to defend vigorously against overly simplified ideas and weal arguments. This is quite common, I am surprised your offended by this.

If that "destroyed" things in your mind, well I am sorry you feel that way. If you ask for help and expertise, you should expect to get it. I offered it, but its clear now that you only wanted slight changes and minor suggestions and I gave you much more than that.

So sorry for my misunderstanding. I simply thought you were very serious in making the ratings system superior. My mistake.

Regardless, I thank you for a fine site. I am done with my suggestions here. I have said all I can.

Regards,
Ed
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 13.06.2010 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi ed,

maybe there is a big misunderstanding. hermann never played here nor he
reads the forum.

he is busy with a lot of things and he manage the ranking world wide for live tourneys.

even if we use a complete other ranking he is fine with that. its not that he wants us to use his ranking,
he still allows us to use his ranking. before we dont have a better one, its the best i know. well proved through 15 years of live stratego and 1000 of players.
this does not mean, that he didnt change some parameters within the years, but this needs good and strong arguments.

he is always open for a discussion, but he will not spend a sec if he doesnt see, that all will improve the hole story.

we all know that wsc ranking is more or less a ranking with mistakes. we use it for a second look, but thats all.

if you have "the perfect system" why dont you post it here or at a free webside, so we can discuss it.

till today i see no argues from your side for a change. there are different points which could be handled
either this or that way. but this is not better - its just different.

stratego
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 16.06.2010 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current ranking system is AWESOME!. Thank you Stratego and also thank you to the Hermann dude. Ed, come to the realization that this is the best possible system for now. I think it kicks serious behind!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: