SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ban Dozer - show results wellington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wellington
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 07.09.2010 14:11    Post subject: Ban Dozer - show results wellington Reply with quote

I played 31 games so far but still unranked. I still need to play 5 games against adequate players. I wonder who is adequate...
If you ban Dozer you don't need this rule no more. I guess I will not be playing these 5 games after all.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 09.09.2010 00:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't you play the 5 games Wellington? Seems simple enough to me...
wellington
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 09.09.2010 08:02    Post subject: re Reply with quote

cause it's hard to find people who have a 1500+ rating (at least at the times I'm around). And why do I need to play 5 adequate games as the ratio is 4:1?

I played 31 games of which 7 adequate. I should only have to play 1 adequate game (32:8 thus 4:1).

But nvm I will not play much or maybe not at all.
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 10.09.2010 09:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi wellington,

if we want a fair and significant ranking, we have to follow some simple rules. the fact, that you can choose
your opponent is really tricky for a ranking. at live tourneys we have a pairing software, which do not
allow easy games for the tough players.
and for sure you agree that it doesn`t make sence, if a player gets the cup for 6 easy wins without playing
any good player.

same here. your ranking shows you at 4 in the list (overall ranking) with nearly 3000 games. this is
a stable ranking and shows that you are one of the best here and hard to beat.

for the yearly ranking its different. if a player is really intrested to be in this list, he has to follow some simple rules.
any 1500+ player is an adequate opponent for you and if you want to join the party, you have to be more around.
nearly 40 players are not so hard to find. if you cannot make it, i see no problem. with just 31 games this year
your ranking is not stable and i think its more to have fun with the game, than to stay in the ranking.
otherwise you would spend more time.

by the way - the ratio is 2:1 which means one out of 3 games must be against an adequate player.

there are a lot of people, who would like to see, that we raise the no. of games for the yearly ranking.
in the moment we just have 3 games in 2 month, but we will raise it up to 25 games a quarter (100 a year)

this is easy to make if a player is really intrested in a yearly ranking list.
if not - no problem, just have fun, play whoever you want and find your name in the overall ranking.

for me the yearly ranking is also a kind of thank you for the players, who spend a lot of time and effort and give you a
good challange (nearly) every day.

...so its up to you, if you like to mix up the top 5 in the list or if you like to spend more time with other games.

- it`s all or nothing -

stratego
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 10.09.2010 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Welly

edfx (psychowarrior) is always around. Grab him sometime and beat him in 5 quick ones and you're in like flint. Piece of cake (for you)

also even Ace who was crying about this new system has figured out how to get in the ranking. He's built him up a 19 game non adeq. buffer. congrats Ace

btw: stratego, 25 games per quarter is a good move
psychicwarrior
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 11.09.2010 07:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all those who care.. Look at my record against unbiasboob.

and for you Bob, I recommend you re-visit your doctor and have them adjust your medication. It's causing you to be delusional. :-0
wellington
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 15.09.2010 10:22    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Thought I saw another ratio but it's clear now. I will focus on the overall rankings as I play little nowadays. Still like Stratego but unfortunately I discovered another game which has drawn my addicted mind to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: