SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey Swordfish, what's Bronstein for anyway??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.01.2011 04:22    Post subject: Hey Swordfish, what's Bronstein for anyway?? Reply with quote

I was playing "sword", a person who I've always been polite to. We happen to be currently rated 1363 and 1379. At one point a week ago, we were dead even. It makes for a good matchup. Also we both play at nighttime usa time. a match made in heaven. But no, he had to blow it by insulting me.
if he had lost the game, I'd have understood as that can be frustrating but no, he WON the game by Bronstein timeout in 25 minutes. I didnt even know the timer was on and could have well won the game and was my usual polite self and congrats him and said gg. His response was that I "was wasting his time and why was I doing it!). I saw some few minutes later that he played rave in a 32 minute game. omg! that must have enraged him.

I felt strongly enough to post here as very little gets me mad to this point. So he lost probably btw 20-100% of his possible games btw 6pm and 2 pm new york time. this is a time when I am almost always on. So maybe he'll get luck and fine gentleben, psychicwarrior or.... or.... or.... well having a hard time coming up with names. oh wait, I got it....He'll likely find a white name. hey if I had played an hour or more game, I'd understand

. Oh well too bad. And I was really getting excited how close we were getting in the ranking. Today he played a white nice and I'm sure he had fun. God forbit if he plays Ace (no offence whatsoever Aceman and congrats btw for winning the 2010 ranks). all I can sat to sword is grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 04.01.2011 05:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi bob,

today he ask me for a game but i had no time.
maybe just the "ranking madness at the beginning of a new year"

if he isnult you, please send a chat to admin - we will stop this.

greets
stratego
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.01.2011 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Stratego
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.01.2011 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least he's stopped insisting on UL games all the time...

One thing though Bob - how can you not notice the timer is on? It's pretty hard to miss every time you click on OK!
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.01.2011 09:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah samuel, my blunder. I spaced it and especially with the new setup everything looks different but I'll get used to it. cheers and enjoy everyone. My goal this year is to beat Ace twice. Now that might take me 50 games to do
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 06.01.2011 01:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:
At least he's stopped insisting on UL games all the time...

One thing though Bob - how can you not notice the timer is on? It's pretty hard to miss every time you click on OK!

I'm not posting to cut the man down. I always was on good terms with him and was surprised by his comments. I appreciate Stratego's response and is a good idea. Maybe sword had a lousy X-Mas. As far as my blundering; it happened. The world aint perfect and as far as sword digging playing UL, that certainly is his prerogative
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: