SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Draws

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 09.01.2011 16:41    Post subject: Draws Reply with quote

Quick question - if you draw, can it affect your ranking at all? Say a 1500 player draws with a 1100 player, does he lose any points or does the lower ranked player gain any? Or does everyone just stay on what they had already?

thanks!
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 09.01.2011 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

A draw is data!
Therefore any draw between 2 players will have an effect on the ratings of the players involved. This effect on the ratings will be very small in most cases.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 09.01.2011 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I thought but as it is small quite often nothing changes so its hard to tell. But ideally you don't want to have a draw with someone below you then...
acerimmer
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 10.01.2011 01:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.....obviously any draw will slightly benefit the lower player & slightly harm the higher player.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 10.01.2011 07:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys

i never asked this samuel question but it's a good question. i did always assume if I' a 1500 player and I draw a 1000 player that I will get a hammering in the ratings. I've been burned with draws from low ranked players and try to avoid them so be careful. I'm sure a guy like Ace doesnt need a draw from a player in the bottom 10 or 20 in say the middle of the year. cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: