SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gravon pro versus client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
art
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 19.01.2011 06:36    Post subject: gravon pro versus client Reply with quote

With client I get this message to start a new table.

* Your client version is too old. You can't participate in a game with activated 3-squares-rule. Please contact an admin

but if I join someone else's table, I dont get that message, yet I still use client.

Is there a new client since 2009?

with gravon pro I cannot use or save new setups locally.
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 19.01.2011 09:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi art,

for the moment we do not have a new client for download.
gravon pro is the new client and works fine.

the message will occur if you join a new table or if try to join a table with the new rule.
if a player enables the old rule the old client works.

with gravon pro you can save 40 setups, but not locally. maybe spion will fix this.

because of another problem, spion is thinking of a new -last- version for downlaod.
but the download client is a lot of work and in future we will use gravon pro only.

stratego
count_floyd

PostPosted: 19.01.2011 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I like the gravon pro,the one thing that really disappointed me is that I lost all 58 local setups from the previous version.Is there anyway I can retrieve this into the new version?
art
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 18.02.2011 05:48    Post subject: How to find your local setups if you now use the new java Reply with quote

Spion asked me to tell him where on my computer the local setups were stored. The reason for this is because with the new java applet that now runs the gravon login and is required to be used in order to run the new 2-square rule version, stores the shortcut in whatever your default folder is.

On my computer the file "gravon.jnlp" automatically downloaded to a folder called C:\Users\mycomputerprofile\Downloads.
(Then I created a desktop shortcut for it to login to gravon)
But anyway that folder is where Stratego is looking to load your local setups.

If you used to use the old client version the stratego_setups.dat file is your local setups. That old file with your old setups is probably located either in C:\gravon client
or C:\programfiles\gravon client
Just move it to the java applet folder
C:\Users\mycomputerprofile\Downloads.

If you need to use a search on your pc to find the .jnlp file
or the stratego_setups.dat file, then just do the copy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: