SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bronstein

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
z0mbie
User

PostPosted: 10.01.2013 23:02    Post subject: Bronstein Reply with quote

Can anyone explain me how the Bronstein clock works?
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 11.01.2013 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

ofcourse.

There are 3 possible clocks at gravon.

Main rule is there is a personal time and a game time. You have a few seconds per move until your personal time started to count down. When you move within the few seconds your personal time will be the same. When your personal time is reduced to zero (it happens seldom) you lose the game.

Then there is the game time. Its counting down as soon as the game starts. For example the most common clock (in the middle) has 50 minutes (as soon as the game starts, setup time doesnt count). In this case when there is no winner after 50 minutes, the game automatically will be a draw.

When your personal time after a long game is bigger than the game time there is an option to claim a draw when its your turn. The reason for this is cause you can stop moving and the gametime will be over sooner than your personal time.

I would recomment playng with a clock because its more fair. Both players have equal time to think and slow playing doesnt get rewarded. I think the middle clock 50/12/4 (gametime/personal time/time per move) is best. We play it mostof the times in tournaments also.

Some players have a bad connection. Its in that case maybe more fair to them to play without clock.

Hope this helps,

Ruben
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 12.01.2013 03:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Rube, awesome explanation, even I learned something. thx
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 14.01.2013 02:27    Post subject: very clear Reply with quote

This is such a splendid explanation of the Bronstein Clock that it should be archived into a sticky thread.

Cheers, tp
ruben87 wrote:
ofcourse.

Main rule is there is a personal time and a game time. You have a few seconds per move until your personal time started to count down. When you move within the few seconds your personal time will be the same. When your personal time is reduced to zero (it happens seldom) you lose the game.

Then there is the game time. Its counting down as soon as the game starts. For example the most common clock (in the middle) has 50 minutes (as soon as the game starts, setup time doesnt count). In this case when there is no winner after 50 minutes, the game automatically will be a draw.

When your personal time after a long game is bigger than the game time there is an option to claim a draw when its your turn. The reason for this is cause you can stop moving and the gametime will be over sooner than your personal time.

I would recomment playng with a clock because its more fair. Both players have equal time to think and slow playing doesnt get rewarded. I think the middle clock 50/12/4 (gametime/personal time/time per move) is best. We play it mostof the times in tournaments also.

Some players have a bad connection. Its in that case maybe more fair to them to play without clock.

Hope this helps,

Ruben
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 14.01.2013 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys . I appreciate it.
z0mbie
User

PostPosted: 15.01.2013 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it's all clear to me now!
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 16.01.2013 06:53    Post subject: Re: very clear Reply with quote

tableplay wrote:
This is such a splendid explanation of the Bronstein Clock that it should be archived into a sticky thread.

Cheers, tp
ruben87 wrote:
ofcourse.

Hope this helps,

Ruben

great idea, seconded
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: