SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Play Rank Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 03.03.2013 04:03    Post subject: Can't Play Rank Games Reply with quote

I'm assuming it's due to 2 recent x-files from losing connection and not being able to get back in 10 minutes. It was hardly me running away from a grueling loss. below is something I posted regarding my sudden surge of x-files. I'd like to share it once again. In the meantime I cannot play ranked games. My question is when will I be able to play ranked games? I have no control over my connection dropping and occasionally being unable to get back in 10 minutes.

I posted this as I tried to pm spion and stratego but saw no record in my sent box that they went thru so this is the only way I know to communicate as I haven't seen these gents in the game room in a while. I'm hoping for quick reinstatement. I am guilty of a lousy connection but nothing else. I'm pretty sure I'm the only player on Gravon with a 3rd world connection. Where I am you can't even get a land phone line so I cant even get dial up.

"
unbiasbob wrote:
Hi stratego. this is an old thread and not relevant currently for mojo and maybe never was. I only brought it up to comment that mojo has become a very good player who is rising in the ranks since this was posted and not because he is a runner. as far as my x-files: no I never run from games. I think I did once back in 2005 my first year. not my style and most would attest to this. I have a connection here in Thailand that's worse than dialup. it's a slow mobile phone connection tethered to a laptop that drops out all the time. my connection is far worse than even Rave's. Getting back in 5 minutes on these unrankers is hard and happened 4 times recently. the other was a barrage game vs gamble ranked and I couldn't get back in 10 minutes. IF I were to run on games which of course I never do but if I were to the last thing I'd do is run from a game of barrage. I'm no more a runner than rave is

one of those x-files was strange. i lost connection vs a white nick. he left the game while i was trying to get back. i make it back a tad late and see an x-file with winner vonguyengiap who i was not even playing so he joined the game. anyway i may just give unrank games a rest for a while. not worth it

My 7 years of zero x-files should speak for itself anyway. I didnt suddenly become an unrank game serial runner overnight. I was in Bangkok those 7 years where the connection is ok. I moved to the sticks a year ago and only choice for internet is this bad mobile connection that drops out.

Some other points about my recent x-files. I posted about my x-file streak of 7 years being broken in an unrank game so obviously I take them seriously. Find one player who calls me a bad sport or a runner. I was away from Gravon for over a year and came back Nov. 6 and been playing games at a torrid pace averaging 6 games a day - 300 ranked classic games in all so far and had zero x-files in those. i also played a bunch of unranks and had 4 x-files in though due to dropped connection and failure to get back in 5 minutes. I also had 1 x-file in a rank game of barrage due to connection. 2 of those classic unrank x-files had 11 or fewer moves

6 games per day would be 2200 in a year which is more than even rave's 1972. Rave has had 6 x-files due to bad connection in India. I'm across the Andaman Sea with my own bad connection.

cheers
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 03.03.2013 18:01    Post subject: Re: Can't Play Rank Games Reply with quote

Hi Bob, I have the same issues since Virgin Mobile leases bandwidth from the Sprint network and Sprint doesn't hesitate to prioritize it's bandwidth for Sprint customers - disconnecting Virgin users whenever
it suits them. By avoiding timed games, I have usually been able to get back in 10 minutes - timed games are out of the question. And I think I have had at least one or probably two x-file hits due to this.

I would like to vouch for Bob as a stand-up guy and someone who
wouldn't leave a game intentionally. My own personal experiences with
bandwith issues only further substantiate my certainty that Bob's disconnects are strictly the result of technology.

Cheers, Tableplay.

unbiasbob wrote:
I'm assuming it's due to 2 recent x-files from losing connection and not being able to get back in 10 minutes. It was hardly me running away from a grueling loss. below is something I posted regarding my sudden surge of x-files. I'd like to share it once again. In the meantime I cannot play ranked games. My question is when will I be able to play ranked games? I have no control over my connection dropping and occasionally being unable to get back in 10 minutes.

I posted this as I tried to pm spion and stratego but saw no record in my sent box that they went thru so this is the only way I know to communicate as I haven't seen these gents in the game room in a while. I'm hoping for quick reinstatement. I am guilty of a lousy connection but nothing else. I'm pretty sure I'm the only player on Gravon with a 3rd world connection. Where I am you can't even get a land phone line so I cant even get dial up.

"
unbiasbob wrote:
Hi stratego. this is an old thread and not relevant currently for mojo and maybe never was. I only brought it up to comment that mojo has become a very good player who is rising in the ranks since this was posted and not because he is a runner. as far as my x-files: no I never run from games. I think I did once back in 2005 my first year. not my style and most would attest to this. I have a connection here in Thailand that's worse than dialup. it's a slow mobile phone connection tethered to a laptop that drops out all the time. my connection is far worse than even Rave's. Getting back in 5 minutes on these unrankers is hard and happened 4 times recently. the other was a barrage game vs gamble ranked and I couldn't get back in 10 minutes. IF I were to run on games which of course I never do but if I were to the last thing I'd do is run from a game of barrage. I'm no more a runner than rave is

one of those x-files was strange. i lost connection vs a white nick. he left the game while i was trying to get back. i make it back a tad late and see an x-file with winner vonguyengiap who i was not even playing so he joined the game. anyway i may just give unrank games a rest for a while. not worth it

My 7 years of zero x-files should speak for itself anyway. I didnt suddenly become an unrank game serial runner overnight. I was in Bangkok those 7 years where the connection is ok. I moved to the sticks a year ago and only choice for internet is this bad mobile connection that drops out.

Some other points about my recent x-files. I posted about my x-file streak of 7 years being broken in an unrank game so obviously I take them seriously. Find one player who calls me a bad sport or a runner. I was away from Gravon for over a year and came back Nov. 6 and been playing games at a torrid pace averaging 6 games a day - 300 ranked classic games in all so far and had zero x-files in those. i also played a bunch of unranks and had 4 x-files in though due to dropped connection and failure to get back in 5 minutes. I also had 1 x-file in a rank game of barrage due to connection. 2 of those classic unrank x-files had 11 or fewer moves

6 games per day would be 2200 in a year which is more than even rave's 1972. Rave has had 6 x-files due to bad connection in India. I'm across the Andaman Sea with my own bad connection.

cheers
blacksheep
User

PostPosted: 03.03.2013 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob - I would like to endorse everything TP says for you, and also to let you know that I have sent a defence on your behalf. I hope it is viewed favourably and that leniency can be given in these circumstances.

As I pointed out, anyone that plays you knows that you never just leave a game deliberately and we would just like to see fairness prevail.

Of course I think everyone would agree that that bans are appropriate for players who do just leave games as it is impolite, but when all is said and done, it is for the Admins to decide.

Kind regards
BlackSheep
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.03.2013 00:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of someone being stopped from playing ranked games just for having 2 x-file hits though. There are people on the list with 4 or more who are still playing ranked games. So it could be some other reason?
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.03.2013 00:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact I just checked and you have 8 x-files Bob, in the last 6 months. So that could be why, yes. I agree they should look at the percentage of x-files against games played as you could have 10 out of 3000 games or you could have 10 out of 300 games, which player are you going to ban? Answer is both, when of course it should be only the 2nd player and only after investigating reasons why. If every game showed you were on the verge of losing or were clearly well behind, then it looks like a bad sport. But if you're ahead or the game is still early on, its obviously not a bad sport move but a genuine connection fault. Perhaps an "investigation" should happen before a suspension.

I was suspended for a week once after an issue arose with Markus1971 but I was given no warning and had there been an investigation I would have been able to explain some of the language he had used after losing to me time and time again (this was before the send chat to admin feature came in) which could have been mitigating factors to think about but I was just suspended and not told how long for until I asked.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 04.03.2013 07:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

blacksheep wrote:
Hi Bob - I would like to endorse everything TP says for you, and also to let you know that I have sent a defence on your behalf. I hope it is viewed favourably and that leniency can be given in these circumstances.

As I pointed out, anyone that plays you knows that you never just leave a game deliberately and we would just like to see fairness prevail.

Of course I think everyone would agree that that bans are appropriate for players who do just leave games as it is impolite, but when all is said and done, it is for the Admins to decide.

Kind regards
BlackSheep

I appeciate your guys support in a big way. See you out on the game field. Oh and yes BlackSheep anyone who leaves games on purpose should absolutely receive suspensions. GL to all you guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: