SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unbiasbob exposed as Big Cherry Picker/ Big Humper
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 17.03.2013 08:21    Post subject: Unbiasbob exposed as Big Cherry Picker/ Big Humper Reply with quote

I would like to start this thread with the words of the Maestro himself.
unbiasbob wrote:
Start another threade "gentlemen" if you care to continue this discussion amongst yourselves. Let's see how many folks join in. My guess is 2.

Of course I would like to help him with his request. So here it is a thread about Unbiasbobs oponent picking behaviour on gravon.

In short:
Unbiasbob is known for his many posts on this forum where he apart from his nice statistical posts often criticise other players from ''cherry picking'' also called ''humping'': That is choosing your opponents carefully to enlarge significantly your win chances and rating. Hereby he seem to have a preference for attacking players who doesnt defend themselves on this forum. Well There is nothing wrong with reporting or critice someones opponent selection but there are certain ironic ways about Unbiasbob own cherry picking.

Now the thing is, Unbiasbob, maybe its better to say ''BiasBob'' is quite a Cherry picking and Humper himself. Look at his record and you would instantly agree this. In fact Biasbob has already calculated himself that his opponents have a average rating of 1306, which is unbelievable low. But Sneaky as he is he tried to conseal this by subtrackting it from his own rating so he made it look like he plays the average player on gravon. Nothing is less true!

As you noticed by now BiasBob has been very hypocrite to accuse players from humping when he is one of the biggest himself. He tricked everybody years with deception, trickery and putting the attention on other things and other players.

His last strategy was to make excuses for all players he accused from cherry picking because he realised ''the system deals with it efficiently''. Don't make me laugh. In other words: he know he is exposed being a big humper/cherry picker and now he changed his opinion in ''there is nothing wrong in it''.

Bob, I honestly hope you change your hypocrite behaviour and don't lie about your opponent selection.
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 17.03.2013 15:21    Post subject: Re: Unbiasbob exposed as Big Cherry Picker/ Big Humper Reply with quote

ruben87 wrote:
<snip>. He tricked everybody years with deception, trickery and putting the attention on other things and other players.

<snip>

Hi Ruben, I don't recall the exact post, but I think in late 2012 (maybe a little earlier or later) Bob said himself in a post that he is working to improve his selection of opponents. So you might want to reconsider your post after remembering or learning of this post Bob had made. I vividly remember him stating this clearly, with no deception or trickery involved.

Cheers TP.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 17.03.2013 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except he hasn't show any real signs of doing this...
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 17.03.2013 18:37    Post subject: strawman argument Reply with quote

The information contained in a previous post of Bob's made it clear that he was informing readers of the forum of the history of the rank of players he had played. And so there was no deception regarding this since he had posted about it, regardless of how you feel about his future rank-playing behavior after that post.

samuel wrote:
Except he hasn't show any real signs of doing this...
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 17.03.2013 18:56    Post subject: Re: strawman argument Reply with quote

tableplay wrote:
The information contained in a previous post of Bob's made it clear that he was informing readers of the forum of the history of the rank of players he had played. And so there was no deception regarding this since he had posted about it, regardless of how you feel about his future rank-playing behavior after that post.

Please read that post again, Table. He made an calculation of it an his conclusion was that he compared himself with Zach, Samuel and me in cherry picking. It was only meant to defend himself and convince that he was not a cherry picker.
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 17.03.2013 19:12    Post subject: Re: strawman argument Reply with quote

Hi Ruben, it was an earlier post than the one you refer to below.

Thanks. TP
ruben87 wrote:

Please read that post again, Table. He made an calculation of it an his conclusion was that he compared himself with Zach, Samuel and me in cherry picking. It was only meant to defend himself and convince that he was not a cherry picker.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 17.03.2013 20:10    Post subject: Re: strawman argument Reply with quote

Hi Table,

I dont know what post you are referring to. It doesn't really matter. It doesn't change my view on this. Sometimes someone has to be confronted with certain things. I would rather put positive things on this forum but sometimes you have to do the dirty work.

tableplay wrote:
Hi Ruben, it was an earlier post than the one you refer to below.

Thanks. TP
ruben87 wrote:

unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 18.03.2013 03:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

the truth is as one player put it one time, there are no easy wins. this is a hard game and I see some remarkable upsets. all you need to do is go thru the bottom 10 or 20 players and look at their game lists. check out the top 20 players they beat. its astouding really. thats something for another thread someday

Last edited by unbiasbob on 07.09.2013 08:08; edited 6 times in total
jackbauer
User

PostPosted: 18.03.2013 03:39    Post subject: Re: Unbiasbob exposed as Big Cherry Picker/ Big Humper Reply with quote

tableplay wrote:
ruben87 wrote:
<snip>. He tricked everybody years with deception, trickery and putting the attention on other things and other players.

<snip>

Hi Ruben, I don't recall the exact post, but I think in late 2012 (maybe a little earlier or later) Bob said himself in a post that he is working to improve his selection of opponents. So you might want to reconsider your post after remembering or learning of this post Bob had made. I vividly remember him stating this clearly, with no deception or trickery involved.

Cheers TP.

unbiasbob wrote:
---------the following post will not be popular with some but is based on what I believe to be facts. I welcome any and all feedback from players-----------

Well Art in Stratego circles this is called "humping". That is simply seeking out low rank players for fear of defeat vs high rankers. It would be great if a new system came out that took into account the "hump" ratio or simply the non adq/Adq ratio. This new system would give more points for lower ratios and vice verse. Take Zach21 for example; Zach21 is a shining example of a non humper who plays anyone anytime and doesn't shake in his boots when choosing an opponent. Zach has the lowest ratio by far of anyone above 1600 - 24% Non Adq games played. I feel his 1636 rating should be around 1700 because of this. On the flip side I think Ace with his 150% Non Adq games played should be reduced to around 1700. NoChance and Gentleben should stay about the same with their near even 1-1 ratio. This would put those 4 in a virtual 4-way tie for 1st place I say. A tourney could decide the best player.

As you move down the list we see PsychicWarrior with a mere 10% Non Adq ratio. Surely this is worth a bump up. Sammy has admitted to avoiding him and has done so under the guise that he lottos. Lottoers are ez to beat and should be welcome. Clearly PW is much better than a lotto player. These dudes with sub-100 games this time of year dont belong in the list. As for Sammy, classic humper yes and he should be docked 50-75 points for it and I myself should be docked for my high hump ratio. If you look up humper in the dictionary Dozer's picture is there

others above 1500 with really good ratios and should be bumped higher:

fighter
Vobi
Ruben
sis
jugador_s
aakk
elmaratrixi
rapunzel
fonias
tableplay
flieger
ambiorix

Others with bad ratios and should be docked

termynator
panther
guru

clearly these last guys along with Ace, Sammy and myself are serial humpers. We cannot help ourselves. It's like a phobia where you need to look in the mirror and admit that you suffer from humping. Only then can we all heal.

Also as someone pointed out on the battlefield when I suggested maybe toughening up the ratio for challenge ranking: that player said no b/c this system illuminates and exposes exactly who the humpers are. I thought this was a very good point. Non humpers need to be recognized for bravery even if this for is one of the only places to do that. Lower ranked nons:

mondfalke - surprise surprise
berre - a serial non humper and class act in his own right
warlord - yes the lord is an all time great
count_floyd - yes CF exhibits non humping characteristics

let's give all these non humpers a round of applause

Here are some of the tactics used by some serial humpers:

1. The old Dozer tactic of sitting on a ranked classic game without clicking ok and pretending to be away from computer when a strong opponent joins the game. I have not seen or heard of this tactic being used by anyone besides Dozer but something to be aware of.

2. A more creative tactic utilized in recent times as described to me by a player. The old sit on an unranked game before clicking ok trick. When a weak player joins do a quick switcheroo to rank. In the event of a strong player joining just keep it unranked and rest easy

3. A most creative tactic is this one: be online during quiet times when humpees are known to be around. Upon seeing such players in the room and the absence of strong players the humper will sit on a game of rank classic again without clicking ok. If a strong player enters Gravon this humper will do a very quick switcheroo to a non classic game be it barrage, UL or Duell. This way he wont have to play the strong player in classic and when the strong player joins the humper will say he's only playing barrage or whatever.

12/13/2012 tableplay the post was from this date.
Bob is a good guy and has called ruben mf ("my friend", I hope) on many occasions. I don't see how ruben is a cherry picker. I think Bob had to defend himself because ruben attacked bob for accusing him of being a cherry picker, but seems to be that ruben's average opponent rating is high enough for a good player who plays all people. I think those who deserve the humper rating are those whose rating is above 1500 and is full of sub par players. Ruben don't be so harsh on bob. He can avoid high ranked players, and still point out these "fake" top 25'ers whose level of competiion is suspect. Bob is the little people's Robin Hood, our designated instigator, but also our party planner who keeps the communication revolving. I've seen many posts where you give him grats and he thanks you back. Just give him this one boo-boo, and forgive him and move on.

And to Samuel, good luck on the tables. Were you the lead character in that children's novel about a wooden puppet?
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 18.03.2013 04:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jack and I agree with you. I dont get all the harshness. I'm game if Ruben is. All this insanity makes no sense to me really. I'm ready to move on and forget all this nonsense. Also Jack Ruben was never referred to as a cherry picker in fact is was that he was not one on that post

Last edited by unbiasbob on 18.03.2013 10:23; edited 1 time in total
jackbauer
User

PostPosted: 18.03.2013 05:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruben87 wrote:
Bob,

First I wanted to say that I am proud to be on the bump-list hehe . Thank you, it matches my competitiveness rather than my urge to have a high rating (I have this urge too and many have which is not a bad thing I believe).

I agree that the rating system on gravon is fair. Unfortunately there are mazes in every system, like laws, but also ratingsystems dont come clear on this. So you always have players who pick their oponents out. The system is always most accurate and objective with randomised oponents. Some players do pick conciously their oponents and it will boost their rating a little. I think its a compliment to the rating system on gravon that it only will boost their rating a little.

This kind of players you always will have. At the moment it is not what is was, its not extreme anymore. There is nothing more wat is wise to do about this I believe Dont bother too much. You made a nice list though and I do think you prove your intelligence with making such a list. Only there is no solution and that is not a big problem in my perspective

See you around!
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 18.03.2013 11:49    Post subject: Re: Unbiasbob exposed as Big Cherry Picker/ Big Humper Reply with quote

jackbauer wrote:
Ruben don't be so harsh on bob. He can avoid high ranked players, and still point out these "fake" top 25'ers whose level of competiion is suspect. Bob is the little people's Robin Hood, our designated instigator, but also our party planner who keeps the communication revolving.

Hi Jack, one of my points is you shouldn't act like Robin Hood if you are corruptible yourself (to stay in the Robin Hood metaphore)

jackbauer wrote:

I've seen many posts where you give him grats and he thanks you back. Just give him this one boo-boo, and forgive him and move on.

Yes I appreciate Bobs general contribution to the forum. Indeed I felt need for one 'boo-boo'.
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 18.03.2013 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks Jake. That's the post. It is hard for me to understand how Bob could be accused of deception regarding the level of competition he usually plays against:

"I myself should be docked for my high hump ratio" and
"long with Ace, Sammy and myself are serial humpers"

Bob you are a class act sir. I'm sorry that you are getting falsely accused of things.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 19.03.2013 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming from you tableplay that means the world as I consider you the gentleman and scholar of Gravon. I'll never forget my very first ranked game on Gravon was vs you way back in July 2005 so we've had an eternity to evaluate each others personalities and personas. We people of like charachteristics need to stick together. Quite bit of the players on Gravon are like us thank god. Perhaps the others who are not can stick together with themselves as well. It only seems right, Carry on tp we'll see you tonight at the game field.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 21.03.2013 10:22    Post subject: Re: Unbiasbob exposed as Big Cherry Picker/ Big Humper Reply with quote

ruben87 wrote:
I would like to start this thread with the words of the Maestro himself.
unbiasbob wrote:
Start another threade "gentlemen" if you care to continue this discussion amongst yourselves. Let's see how many folks join in. My guess is 2.

Of course I would like to help him with his request. So here it is a thread about Unbiasbobs oponent picking behaviour on gravon.

In short:
Unbiasbob is known for his many posts on this forum where he apart from his nice statistical posts often criticise other players from ''cherry picking'' also called ''humping'': That is choosing your opponents carefully to enlarge significantly your win chances and rating. Hereby he seem to have a preference for attacking players who doesnt defend themselves on this forum. Well There is nothing wrong with reporting or critice someones opponent selection but there are certain ironic ways about Unbiasbob own cherry picking.

Now the thing is, Unbiasbob, maybe its better to say ''BiasBob'' is quite a Cherry picking and Humper himself. Look at his record and you would instantly agree this. In fact Biasbob has already calculated himself that his opponents have a average rating of 1306, which is unbelievable low. But Sneaky as he is he tried to conseal this by subtrackting it from his own rating so he made it look like he plays the average player on gravon. Nothing is less true!

As you noticed by now BiasBob has been very hypocrite to accuse players from humping when he is one of the biggest himself. He tricked everybody years with deception, trickery and putting the attention on other things and other players.

His last strategy was to make excuses for all players he accused from cherry picking because he realised ''the system deals with it efficiently''. Don't make me laugh. In other words: he know he is exposed being a big humper/cherry picker and now he changed his opinion in ''there is nothing wrong in it''.

Bob, I honestly hope you change your hypocrite behavior and don't lie about your opponent selection.

I was referring to the posters who would come here to bash me and I was exactly right: 2. You Rube and your best friend Samuel. You are the company you keep. I thought you were above that but people do make mistakes. Oh well, you're young with time to improve. Maybe you just got mixed up with a bad group of friends. I will still try and have faith that you can pull out of it. An acceptance of my truce would be a good start but hey we all can just move on as is. At least I know where I stand with quality friends on Gravon that I am thankful to have. In the past guys like you and samuel were fake "friends" of mine. I played along but it was clear and a joke really. The good thing is that the community is large and I only have 2 to avoid. What a ratio that is: 143 + temporarily inactive players to 2. LOL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: