SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sparring Matches With Siyamak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 21.03.2013 10:01    Post subject: Sparring Matches With Siyamak Reply with quote

I'm really proud of Siya. I been playing many sparring matches with him and it looks like it's starting to pay off. His plsy has gotten much better, just ask guru (2 losses to siya yesterday) smd GPet0 (1 loss yest). also the day before he beat me 2 straight and 3 altogether. I noticed in the last 2 games I lost that he has discovered some excellent trickery and he had me fooled. I'm proud of him and hope he keeps if up. I believe he will. He's a really nice guy as well as Ace pointed out to me. Ace said he thought gavroche was the better of the 2 but I believe that lately this is no longer the case. Siya has stayed with the game thru many losses and now it's payoff time.

Becks is another class act who stays with the game thru up and down times and is greatly improving. You can ask Zach about that. Durutti is another. All of these players are fine people which I find to be most important of all. Check out some of their wins, you might be surprised. Gravon players are tough from top to bottom no question about it. Blacksheep is a player who is shooting up the ranks faster I think than anyone I have ever seen. Where are you now BS, looking...., 1419. nice going BS MF.

As the year progresses I will be starting a post on the most improved players from this year over last. Players who are moving up. Maybe some started in the 1200s, 1300s or 1400s buty they've shown they;ve learned a lot thru playing games over and over with all comers
blacksheep
User

PostPosted: 21.03.2013 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those kind words Bob. You are right - it pays to persevere. When I first joined Gravon back in 2011, I thought I was a decent player and would win plenty of games. Right. Wrong. Just looking back at my scores to start with, they are nearly all red. I couldn't believe the high standard of all the players here, let alone the top ranks. I was not a decent player at all, not even an amatuer. But gradually, you learn and get better. Siya and gav are going through the same process, and you can't help but get better, or you give up. And I think they deserve a lot of credit for coming back for more games and not getting disheartened. I know how it is, because like some other players, I have been there.

Sadly, I have noticed one or two names who are not here now, even in the short time I have been here. One of them was Sun, who I believe was German or Austrian. We had some great games because we were about the same ability then, and it is a pity he is not around now. I hope he comes back.

It's good to see players like you mentioned improve, because at the end of the day we then all get better games to play.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 22.03.2013 05:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

YW BlackSheep. I do remember sun and I will say this about him, he did give it a go for a fairly long time as I remember him fondly from years back. I was just checking out his games and he started in 3/2006 and tooK a few breaks along the way until 2011. he took all of 2010 off and parts of 2009 and 2011 so there's hope that he'll be back mf
ukdevilz
User

PostPosted: 18.04.2013 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and Blacksheep have had some very exciting games!!! keep it up mate
zach21
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 20.04.2013 06:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ftj lgm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: