SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unrated games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilco

PostPosted: 29.02.2004 18:15    Post subject: Unrated games. Reply with quote

Please dont play unrated in the rooms: 200 till 204, tx!
cosmo
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 29.02.2004 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

you cant just say that without explaining why so plz enlighten everyone on your reason's if you will wilco

thxs cos

PostPosted: 29.02.2004 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

last i looked spion ran this site not wilco
like cos id like to know reason also
Wilco

PostPosted: 29.02.2004 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its irritating to look to the game if the game is ranked, so if the unrated ones go play doen, this problem is not there anymore.
cosmo
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 29.02.2004 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

apart from yourself does this irritate anyone else ??????? perhaps spion could have symbol on game table to show when rated or unrated game is being played .
or lets do your idea no unrated on 200-204 oh hang on how about no rated on 200-204 no classic on tables 205-208 only ul on tables 209-210 barrage on table 211-212 lol yeah that will work lol i just laugh at you being only one to moan , clearly youre the one entering all kinds of rooms instead of just getting room yourself so you bring the irritation on yourself if you ask me
apollo
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 02.03.2004 02:31    Post subject: unrated games Reply with quote

I can see wilco's point. I t is aggrivating sometimes to have to keep resetting games when people join you that are unrated. Even when you might have "rated game only" typed on your player screen. Perhaps a few rooms could designated "rated games only" and all others remain for either type. Just a thought.

Apollo
spion
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 02.03.2004 07:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

How about this:

If the first player already joined and activated the ranking option, a second player can only join, if he is registered.

What do you think?

Best regards
spion
cosmo
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 02.03.2004 08:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

good spion that should stop the moaning hoards
jerry
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 02.03.2004 09:30    Post subject: locking a room" Reply with quote

When I played on the zone, their was a option to lock a table with a pass word, so that players could not just jump in to play yu, take's out the reset.

Because I only have Dial-up, it takes a little more time for the game and table to be loaded, and I have had a few to many scenarios lately were players who arrive and just jump straight onto my game table with out asking, or checking the main lobby.

I allways check first before jumping into a room, incase that player is waiting for his opponant, rebooting ete.

A little common curtisity never goes astray, but I feel the Rated tables for Rated players won't solve the problem.

Is this possible to have a few rooms with pass word entry for 2 players that agrre to play Spion?

Cheers Jerry.
apollo
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 03.03.2004 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

that should solve the problem spion, good solution

Apollo
jerry
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 06.03.2004 01:55    Post subject: /Lockable rooms" Reply with quote

Yes, No, Maybe, Spion!

Cheers Jerry.
JackBauer

PostPosted: 11.03.2004 15:23    Post subject: unranked opponent entering game offered as ranked Reply with quote

I think the host who started the table should get a confirmation box back (similar to a "agree to a draw" confirmation box), that allows the host to ney or yea in an opponent. This would accomplish 3 things. It would prevent line jumping where a new 3rd opponent enters a room seconds ahead of the opponent who whispered to you what room # to head to, and 2) it would give the host the option of accepting the unranked player wishing to get his first matches under his belt, and 3) it would allow some negotiation to go on where the entering player wants you to consider rethinking even playing a ranked game.

Here I'll describe the sequence of confirmation. Upon entering a room, the 2nd player sees the join button, he hits join, and gets a confirmation box telling him this game is ranked, to click ok, if he hits "cancel", then he is backed out of join status and he can go down into the chat area and talk the player into changing the rank option. If he hits ok, then it will most likely become a ranked game, because If he hits ok, then the host will get a message back saying "player xyz , wishes to join, is this allowed". The host will hit "ok" or "cancel", By hitting cancel he is removing a line jumper, and also gives him the chance to weed out opponents who he does not want to play against (usually extremely hi ranked or low ranked players that will not help his chances of winning, or low ranked who will not give up much of a battle (that's me )).
The problem is the length of time it takes to get registered can be several weeks, and for truly new players using only ONE username, it may take them awhile to get games under their belt while waiting for the webmaster to register them, but this usually works out anyway.

I would also like to see the user list/compact screens changed so that its a player within room view. That's how I find opponents who are watching a game but wish to play but are not communicating that need with status or whispers. I run the "who is online" then compare the room #'s to the mgmt table screen. Its tough to pair off the names. It would be easier if the user list table appeared as such.

room
====
200 201 202 203 204
player | dude1* player1* gpeto
------- | dude2 * player2* AnyLosingOpponent
watcher1 watcher1 watchesWithGlee

the asterisk denotes a player in "join" status whether or not the game has begun.
I will send a contribution, but I think time constraints seem to be the real issue.
Thanks
JackBauer

PostPosted: 11.03.2004 15:30    Post subject: #2 Reply with quote

..............ROOM
..............====
..............200..............201............202.......................203.............204
PLAYER-|.dude1*........player1*.....gpeto
---------|.dude2 *.......player2*.....AnyLosingOpponent
...........watcher1.......watcher1......watchesWithGlee

the asterisk * denotes a player in "join" status whether or not the game has begun.
spion
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 14.04.2004 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

see Forum news for some news about this topic.

Best regards
spion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: