SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Open invite to a best of .. with Unbiasbob
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 31.03.2013 16:22    Post subject: Open invite to a best of .. with Unbiasbob Reply with quote

Hereby I challenge Bob for a best of 3 or more in Classic stratego, normal clock settings. We can play 3 games, 5, 7 whatever you like Bob. Of course ranking on and if you wish, you can add viewing.

Wonder if you are a man and dare to accept it.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 01.04.2013 03:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

They way your ranking is plummeting you do need some victories. Who was it that destroyed you and you said he was stupendous? Oh yeah sefirot, you lost 3 straight to. LOL. He's a lower rank than me now. Try and get samuel for a challenge. no wait you're ranked higher than him I forgot and he only played 16 games all year vs higher ranks out of his 168 ranked games played in 2013. LOL. His record in those 16 games is 5-11. There's a good pluck for ya rube. Oh and yuo rube 8-9-2 vs higher rankers. you should stop trying to hump a guy 100 points lower. go after sammy of better yet higher ranks since you have a losing record against them and that would show more manliness. mine vs higher ranks is 22-16-2 so at least I have the only winning record of the 3 of us vs higher rankers. Work on improving rather than badgering me. sammy is your perfect partner for a series. This will increase his games vs higher ranks by 50%. Jeez if you play so few games against higher ranks, at least win half of them

Rube, I cannot accept your offer because I told you already that we have played our last game and that would make my a hypocrit. Thus the best thing I can do for you is look at your losses and see which ones I beat this year and how many times I beat them: You've lost 68 games and 11 to these players that I beat 33 times this year.

Zach21 (3)
Wulf
rave55 (2)
magneto
katama
hamburgmichi (3)
manofwar (2)
Jackie02 (16)

thats it pal. You've only played 84 games afterall. LOL

we're 1-1 for life. Be happy it could be much worse for you.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 01.04.2013 08:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and in conclusion, I do thank you for the challenge which I decline. It has nothing to do with ranking as I have played numerous players higher than you in the all time ranks in the past 5 months since I returned from a 15 month break. Some of those players: Zach21, Gentleben, AceRimmer, Psychicwarrior, Major_Force, Atillares, Quicksilver, JohnnyBlood, aakk, Garfulo, wulf and psychonaut. I had fun. I told you before that I play for fun with people I enjoy chatting with or that I just know are top flight people that I am on good terms with. You don't fit that bill so I pass. I also told you I would never play you again in a post a month or so ago and I meant it. So hope you have a good year and my part of this conversation ends here.

PS: the all time list has 139 names on it. surely you can find an opponent quite easily. Also I don't want to be responsible for making your ranking plummet further than it already has since the end of January. Good luck, it looks like you will need it
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 01.04.2013 08:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh if you would like I could very easily find someone to take my place and play you in those games. Would you like that? There's a long list of people I could ask like say psychicwarrior or JackBauer. I bet you any of those 2 would be more than willing. Not totally sure about Jack, but psychicwarrior I'm 99% sure would go for it. Just let me know if you want to get that arranged for you. I could even set up the sammy best of 7 with psychic being my replacement. Oh wait I forgot, sammy doesn't play psychic according to a past post so scratch that.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 01.04.2013 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your encyclopaedia of rubbish, Bob.

For the people who have better things to do than to search for his answer to my simple challenge here's a summary of Bob's answer.

''Sorry I'm too scared to lose to you, my dear hero Ruben.''
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 01.04.2013 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll be the day. A nice fantasy of yours but no sorry my heros are AceRimmer. Nochance, Gentleben and Zach21 when it comes to playing stratego. Let me know when you get to 1700.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 01.04.2013 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again 'unbias'bob twists the stats to suit his agenda. You are comparing two different elements Bob because I am ranked several places above you. If you look at the stats to include my games against players ranked above you, my numbers are more favourable. Why should I be penalised by your stats just because I am ranked ahead of you and therefore have a smaller pool of players who are of a higher standard to work with? The fair way is to look at all players above yourself, and then my stats come out much better. You laugh that I have a losing record against top 25 opposition, yet you don't laugh at pretty much every single other Gravon player who I can pretty much guarantee will also have a losing record against the top 25. Thats the whole point isn't it? If I had a winning record against them I would be higher up the list! You've already agreed that the ranking system is fair and places people where they deserve to be, so what you are doing by trying to present these stats in a way to make me look bad is all nonsense - plus we already established you have a lower % of games against players ranked above you than I do, despite having a larger pool of people to play against. With your latest marathon against the mighty Siyemak last night, this percentage is even lower now.

And you wonder why I'm not interested in playing you in a series? Frankly Bob you haven't earned it and I don't feel the need to prove anything against you. Look at the names around you in the rankings and you'll see I beat them all fairly consistently.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 01.04.2013 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:
Once again 'unbias'bob twists the stats to suit his agenda. You are comparing two different elements Bob because I am ranked several places above you. If you look at the stats to include my games against players ranked above you, my numbers are more favourable. Why should I be penalised by your stats just because I am ranked ahead of you and therefore have a smaller pool of players who are of a higher standard to work with? The fair way is to look at all players above yourself, and then my stats come out much better. You laugh that I have a losing record against top 25 opposition, yet you don't laugh at pretty much every single other Gravon player who I can pretty much guarantee will also have a losing record against the top 25. Thats the whole point isn't it? If I had a winning record against them I would be higher up the list! You've already agreed that the ranking system is fair and places people where they deserve to be, so what you are doing by trying to present these stats in a way to make me look bad is all nonsense - plus we already established you have a lower % of games against players ranked above you than I do, despite having a larger pool of people to play against. With your latest marathon against the mighty Siyemak last night, this percentage is even lower now.

And you wonder why I'm not interested in playing you in a series? Frankly Bob you haven't earned it and I don't feel the need to prove anything against you. Look at the names around you in the rankings and you'll see I beat them all fairly consistently.

That's pretty funny sammy. You've been taking on and beating players near my 1470 rank? That's very hilarious sammy. You're terrified of those players and rarely play then. I'll get a graph up later illustrating this. LOL. you're really a card I tell. One thing that really stood out to me when I briefly looked at your games this year was your record again Jackie02. Jackie02 is a 1325 rank and you do on occasion take on players that high. The only thing was I saw that your record vs Jackie02 this year is 14-6. Surely this was a typo. I mean that's not possible you could do that poorly or is it? LOL. dude, you are a funny man
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 01.04.2013 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

More nonsense Bob - I know it's April Fools day but this is too lame to possibly be a joke!

You already agreed the Klier system puts people where they deserve to be. You keep on playing Siyamek 10 times a day to boost your score though, and keep ignoring the fact you have played fewer percentage games than I have that you seem to deem as "respectable" - just keep ignoring that fact because I don't think anyone else cares but if they do, they'll see it clear as day like I have.

But just for fun as making you look silly is like shooting fish in a barrel - I've played Rave55 and John_ga quite a lot recently and they are right above you. Going back I've had many games with Skilgannon and Immertreu as well and Katama. Not so many with Chief because he takes forever to set up his pieces but we have had a few games going back.

If not for your constant humping of Siyamek you'd still be down in the 1455 area, and then I could point to players like Nikko, Sefirot, Blacksheep and Olaf who I regularly play (and beat) too. You probably don't know much about most of these players as I see from your records you rarely, if ever play them.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 01.04.2013 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Bob, you are obsessed with certain players avoiding others, how high someone's ranking is against how often they are played. And yet, of your 484 games for the first quarter of 2013:

v Jackbauer: 160 (33%)
v Siyamak: 141 (29%)

A whopping 62% of your games have come against just TWO players, both of whome have considerably lower rankings than you do!

But of course, it's other people who are cherry picking, isn't it? You are a true gentleman of the game who plays any and all comers. Right? I wonder what you would say if it turned out 62% of my games were against just two players, both with way lower rankings than me. We both know the answer - you'd go on a big rant filled with lots of "LOL's" and make a big song and dance about it. Goodness me, you've picked out a 14-6 record against another player and highlighted that as if it's the work of the devil, so I can only imagine what this would be like.

But as it's you who plays 62% against 2 lower rankers, no doubt there will be a perfectly acceptable rhyme and reason for this or you will just casually side-step the issue like you have several others lately.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 02.04.2013 01:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:
So Bob, you are obsessed with certain players avoiding others, how high someone's ranking is against how often they are played. And yet, of your 484 games for the first quarter of 2013:

A whopping 62% of your games have come against just TWO players, both of whome have considerably lower rankings than you do!

But of course, it's other people who are cherry picking, isn't it? You are a true gentleman of the game who plays any and all comers. Right? I wonder what you would say if it turned out 62% of my games were against just two players, both with way lower rankings than me. We both know the answer - you'd go on a big rant filled with lots of "LOL's" and make a big song and dance about it. Goodness me, you've picked out a 14-6 record against another player and highlighted that as if it's the work of the devil, so I can only imagine what this would be like.

But as it's you who plays 62% against 2 lower rankers, no doubt there will be a perfectly acceptable rhyme and reason for this or you will just casually side-step the issue like you have several others lately.

Oh hey sammy I never once said I take on all comers. Good luck finding that quote. I did say I play fine people that I consider people of quality as well as friends, and Jack Bauer is a very good friend of mine. He's my "simon3" only I play rank vs him. It was mentioned here in the forum by Ace that siyamak always hits "start next round" and this is so true. Also in private chats with Ace he mentioned that siya is a very nice guy and I totally agree. Thus yes I've played many games vs friends and nice guys. As for Jackie I've played him 42 times and like Jackie very much. Nothing wrong with playing Jackie. I was merely pointing out that you were struggling vs a an inadequate player. You are overrated sammy that's all. Play siya best of 10. I bet he wins 2 or 3. Play JackBauer I bet he wins 4 or 5. You think they're pushovers? Ok then let's see you go for it. Jackie is a solid player who has beaten many high ranks incl a 3-8 record vs dermeister and a quality person. Keep playing him. I'm lovin' it because it shows Jackie is underrated and you are overrated. Play Zach some more let's see how you do. You creamed Deron in a watch game so try him some more. I think he would fare a lot better so that could be quite scary for you. You used to do siyamak marathons.

Try one on for size or are you afraid of losing a few, same for Jack Bauer. If you think Jack is an ez win you're in for a huge surprise: just ask these players he has beaten this year Tomba, guru(3), bibibi, rave55(10), wulf (3 times), Zach21(5), katama, nikko, bom, attilares(twice), vobi70(3),Major_Force, berre, mojo.

Yes I took on JackBauer 160 times. I must have been crazy to do it when I see who he beat this year. By all means take him on multiple times. I'd love to see it. again sammy. LOL
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 02.04.2013 02:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:
More nonsense Bob - I know it's April Fools day but this is too lame to possibly be a joke!

You already agreed the Klier system puts people where they deserve to be. You keep on playing Siyamek 10 times a day to boost your score though, and keep ignoring the fact you have played fewer percentage games than I have that you seem to deem as "respectable" - just keep ignoring that fact because I don't think anyone else cares but if they do, they'll see it clear as day like I have.

But just for fun as making you look silly is like shooting fish in a barrel - I've played Rave55 and John_ga quite a lot recently and they are right above you. Going back I've had many games with Skilgannon and Immertreu as well and Katama. Not so many with Chief because he takes forever to set up his pieces but we have had a few games going back.

If not for your constant humping of Siyamek you'd still be down in the 1455 area, and then I could point to players like Nikko, Sefirot, Blacksheep and Olaf who I regularly play (and beat) too. You probably don't know much about most of these players as I see from your records you rarely, if ever play them.

You think siyamak boosted my rating when he beat me 26 times? LOL, Ask Ace if he thinks that's true. dude youre really a card
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 02.04.2013 05:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuel wrote:

those 62% of games are also dangerous to my rating if I lose many which is easy to do. now remove the 62% you get 38% which average 1373, much higher than your average which is currently 1340. you wouldnt dare play Bauer that much as you would be under 1500. just the fact Maam
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 02.04.2013 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb. Bob compares 38% of his games to my 100%. You are ranked where you deserve to be and so am I. Thats it.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 02.04.2013 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS - Im 46-4 against Siyemak and 3-0 against Jackbauer. And just like you and I, they are where they deserve to be based on the ranking system you have admitted you feel is fit for purpose. I was just interested to see nearly two thirds of your games came against just 2 people, when you have the nerve to accuse me (and others previously including Ace) of not playing a wide range of opponents.

Im bored of you now Bob so have your final word (I know you can't resist) but I'm not going to bother responding anymore. The lack of anyone else joining in shows no one else cares and you have grown tiresome. I'm finding myself looking at stats in order to highlight what a hypocrite you are and I think I've done this enough times now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: