SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friends Using Friends Passwords
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 22.08.2013 18:50    Post subject: Friends Using Friends Passwords Reply with quote

What's to stop a friend of a friend on Gravon from using his password ? This is not separate IP addresses or computers, just the same computer of the poor player used by the far batter player probably right at the poor players house. The lousy player was so incredibly bad that he would make the bottom 10 all time. Just wanted to make people aware that this may be happening in case they have a concern. I suspect it has been happening in the past 2-4 weeks or longer. It may not be widespread but I believe it's out there without any doubt.
there is no No proof so nothing can be done. It all just hit me how it can be pulled off. A guy at a friend's house logged into friend's account
(the poor player) with the friend's nick playing stratego like superman when before he was so bad anyone could beat him blindfolded. hope no one else is victim of this. BEWARE IT APPEARS TO BE BACK. Motivation for them to do this may be varied. I wanted to post this to put players on the lookout for stange happenings. good day gravonians
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 25.08.2013 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

very serious and worthy of a bump

jensneuij
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 29.08.2013 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about our games?

Because when I played you before those two ranked games where I beat you fair and sqaure we only played unranked games. Which to me is a big difference.

It was really me playing so sorry to bust your bubble. If you think it was Ruben87 than there's people who can confirm he was in Berlin at the time. Admins can confirm the general area I was playing from, based on my IP-adress. So there's no indication whatsoever that someone else was playing for me.

Also I wouldn't judge too quickly on players based on ranks. For example I see players around rank 100 who play alot better than players around rank 20. It's your mistake underestimating your oponnent.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 30.08.2013 03:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Jens, I'm shocked that you would post something like this as nothing could be further from the truth. I made this post to bring to the attention of all players that there is no way that I can think of to check and see if a players uses another player's computer, using his nick and playing even just one game or 100 games. For you to go and throw names around is positively shocking. I wish there was a way for gravon to know if this type of cheating ever occurs but I dont believe that they can as it seems to be impossible. On the good side of things regarding gravon and double, triple and quadruple nicks that many players have signed up for over the years is that the Gravon admins have red flagged duplicate comuters and IP addresses of the offenders and banned them for life. Some of these players have returned with new computers and IP addresses in the past few years but there is little that Gravon can do about this as the IP addresses do not match their old ones as they have a new computer and internet provider. I personally know the nicks of a few of these players but they will not be mentioned by me now or ever

It has been an ongoing problem here since the site started in 2001, 2002 oe 2003 (sorry not sure when). I arrived in 2005 and have seen many things happen here. Gravon does as great a job as I feel they can do but with that there are limitations. Jens, please do not confront me as if I am an accuser unless you have some kind of documentation of such. No one should ever be publickly accused of anything without definitive proof and even then a fair trial must be held. I have a Law degree from Cornell law school which is listed as a top 10 law school along with Harvard so I know full well what I'm talking about. Beware of heresay (ggogle it if you dont know) also as that is totally inadmissable in a court of law. I have prided myself here at Gravon as following the rules 100% and will always do so. Always polite win or lose and helpful to new and younger players including yourself Jens. Hope you sort out whatever problems you're having

Last edited by unbiasbob on 30.08.2013 14:23; edited 1 time in total
quicksilver
User

PostPosted: 30.08.2013 06:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
jensneuij
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 30.08.2013 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty obvious you were talking about our matches

You even said so during our last game. So if you want proof you can ask an admin for a chat log.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 30.08.2013 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

negate

Last edited by unbiasbob on 30.08.2013 14:20; edited 1 time in total
jensneuij
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 30.08.2013 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see how that stuff has anything to do with this topic but okay.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 30.08.2013 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Jens beats Bob 2 times in a row! It must have been glorious victories which gave Bob much inspiration of all these crap stories.

Keep up those winnings Jens!
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 31.08.2013 01:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am in total agreement that those were glorious wins for Jens and like the class act I am I congratulated him after each one. I was proud as I like to see lower players rise up. nice job Jens. Keep up the fine play. As for RUBE, wait did I call youi RUBE again. sorry you dont like that do you. Well RUBE sounds a bit like RUDE.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 31.08.2013 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oei, Still mad and depressed about the losses? If it helps you steam off some sad feelings you can Rube me as much as you need to feel a little better!

unbiasbob wrote:
Yes I am in total agreement that those were glorious wins for Jens and like the class act I am I congratulated him after each one. I was proud as I like to see lower players rise up. nice job Jens. Keep up the fine play. As for RUBE, wait did I call youi RUBE again. sorry you dont like that do you. Well RUBE sounds a bit like RUDE.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 31.08.2013 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sure Rube absolutely. u r so correct as you always r. I am devastated by those 2 losses. I dont think I'll ever get over them. I have over 1800 career losses here on Gravon but those are the 2 that will stand out now and forever. I'm devastated. My wife left me because of them, my kid disowned me. I dont know how I'll ever make it. I must admit though on a serious note. You personally have made this my worst year on Gravon. I dont mean worst as in performance, just worst in terms of fun and enjoyment. You must live a sad life is the only thing I can think of that keeps you pushing and pushing. I must say that the moderators are very tolerant and I give them credit for that. You have seemingly gone off the deep end and it all started exactly at the new year because I remember wishing you a merry xmas and happy new year and then your bottom dropped out. I have no doubt that in the game room you're fine, it's only in this forum that turns you into this evil person. It's too bad. I guess the internet generation is to blame. If you do have a lonely and sad life I'm truly sorry for that. We live in a new era of impersonality with everyone in front of a computer instead of dealing with real people.
I hope it gets better for you, seriously. Life for persons in your age group has never been more difficult. I know because my son is your age
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 31.08.2013 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas to you too
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 01.09.2013 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruben87 wrote:
Merry Christmas to you too

no no rube you got it all wrong. we exchanged our merry xmas greetings last dec. it was after that in which you had a full out forum assault against me for unknown reasons. it is incredibly bizarre why you chose this path as my relationships with persons in the forum and game room is nearly 100% perfection. I'd like to put a poll up and ask the community whether they've ever had problems with unbiasbob. I'm certain the result would be near that 100% mark in positive territory. A former player here told me that it was because I refused your requests for games (the number of requests grew with time). the same player said that Zach did the same thing to him regarding requests for games and that it annoyed him. So when I said you were probably ok in the game room I may be squarely off the mark as you could not accept no for an answer several times. I do request that the admins council Ruben87 on his behavior toward me both in and out of the game room as it appears to me to be out of line.
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 01.09.2013 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there is one thing
i do here ar 'gravon it is that I do not badger players to play games. Should
I ask someone for a game and they say no, that means no and
i dont badger them again for games. perhaps this is the root of the ruben87 problem. I'm not sure if this type of behavior is good for the website.
i have spoken my piece on the matter and felt that it needed to be spoken or this thing will be onmgoing and never end. Thank you admins for listening
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: