SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STRATEGO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 05.09.2013 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

knickles wrote:
Are there any other prizes given to the winner(s) other than bragging rights?

Hi knickles, unfortunately the thousand dollar prices of the past are no more. Nevertheless the honour is still worth alot. There were nice cups, Champagne and games as prices.

Most importantly: players have alot of fun!
knickles

PostPosted: 05.09.2013 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ruben! Nevertheless sounds like a lot of fun.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 06.09.2013 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

knickles wrote:

Yes it is a lot of fun. Players go there for glory and for fun. Not for money any more. But maybe those times will arise, who knows.

All players play for fun and many also are very competitive. So you get a lot of tough matches between equally matched players. Its even more fun there than on internet cause you feel the emotions. Its very quiet and everybody is focussed on their game but sometimes you hear a very loud *BANG* through the playing hall when a bomb explodes somewhere .
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 07.09.2013 03:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

knickles wrote:

Hey Knickles, next year try Kayak.com from DC for low fares from you to them. check surrounding airports too you never know. Baltimore maybe? Well worth it. Zach thinks so. For me I'd love to go and hang out with Olaf but I'm it bit short on cash, need to put it to trips from Asia to my family in the USA. Far more important (no offense Olaf, you're the best mf)

ps nickles: bring realseal your bro. they need americans at these tourneys. i think Zach is the only one who ever went (correct me if I'm wrong). I gave my reasons for not being able to go but surely some people can do it. Knickles ur posting on it pressure on you dude. I am expert getting good airfares from all my asia - USA trip so would be delighted to help. only 1 of my asia to usa trips took me via europe (germany), those trips always go via tokyo. i shoulda told some people to meet me at the airport but didnt think of it. it was way back in 2005 maybe b4 I joined gravon anyway

knicles is a player on fire also. he beat the great rave 2-1. I was impressed and told the 2 guys my record was 0-18-1 in last 19. sorry knickles I misread the numbers. not much better but I'm 0-13-1 in last 14 or 2-13-1 in last 16. I guess it just felt like 0-18-1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: