SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding Stratego

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blacksheep
User

PostPosted: 14.09.2013 10:39    Post subject: Finding Stratego Reply with quote

I thought I would just make the point that Stratego on Gravon is not easy to find if you use Google. When I first started looking on line for an online Stratego site to play games, I found ‘online stratego’ but not Gravon. It was only when a stratego friend told me he had found Gravon that I found it. I have just put in a search for Stratego into Google and Gravon doesn’t appear, so stratego players may find it hard to find (or don't find it), like me when they do a search. I was wondering if this was intentional by Spion and Stratego to keep the numbers at a low level on the site or did it just happen like this because the game stratego is part of the Gravon group of games and doesn’t appear in the title.

When I first found ‘online stratego’ there were hundreds of players from all over the world that I was playing, and some were very good. The actual number of players registered was recorded at the bottom of the screen and it was in the thousands, although there could have been multiple usernames. Many of these players may play on Gravon if they knew it was here, and it would help promote and keep the game alive with more people playing.

I saw Ruben’s comment on Jen’s post about playing the same players, and we probably all find this is true with only a hundred or so ranked players. If you look at these ranked players games, a lot don’t actually play many games, so there are not as many choices as it appears with only a core of regular players on there.

I don’t even know if it is possible for Stratego (on Gravon) to appear on a search as the website does not include the word ‘Stratego’ but it was just a point I thought worth mentioning. I feel that Stratego is more popular on the continent (after seeing the WC video) and maybe America than in GB, but if it is easier for players to find the site, it may increase the popularity here as well. I know I was like a kid in sweet shop when I found all these extra players to play after just playing a couple of friends.

Please do not take this as any critisism, it was just something I wondered if anyone else was aware of.

I don’t know how my friend found Gravon, but if he hadn’t, I probably wouldn’t be here.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 14.09.2013 10:53    Post subject: Re: Finding Stratego Reply with quote

blacksheep wrote:
I thought I would just make the point that Stratego on Gravon is not easy to find if you use Google.

Many of these players may play on Gravon if they knew it was here, and it would help promote and keep the game alive with more people playing.

I don’t even know if it is possible for Stratego (on Gravon) to appear on a search as the website does not include the word ‘Stratego’ but it was just a point I thought worth mentioning. I feel that Stratego is more popular on the continent (after seeing the WC video) and maybe America than in GB, but if it is easier for players to find the site, it may increase the popularity here as well.

Please do not take this as any critisism, it was just something I wondered if anyone else was aware of.

I don’t know how my friend found Gravon, but if he hadn’t, I probably wouldn’t be here.

Excellent point, Sheep! I never thought of this. I also heard from gravon from other people, when I played a real life tournament and not by searching it on google. While google is getting more important these days to advert for your website!
hellas
User

PostPosted: 14.09.2013 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you BS,i also found gravon difficult.Maybe gravon needs some advertising.Not know the goals of the creators,but i think their are concerned about. Best regarts hellas
tableplay
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 14.09.2013 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it through Google, however I had to go through 8 pages of hits (stuff like "Ed's Stratego page" ,etc.) if I remember correctly.

Cheers, tp.

hellas wrote:
I agree with you BS,i also found gravon difficult.Maybe gravon needs some advertising.Not know the goals of the creators,but i think their are concerned about. Best regarts hellas
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 16.09.2013 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

tableplay wrote:
I found it through Google, however I had to go through 8 pages of hits (stuff like "Ed's Stratego page" ,etc.) if I remember correctly.

Cheers, tp.

Yep its on page 7 of google here. Should be higher.
samuel
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 16.09.2013 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too agree and I think way back when I found it, im sure it was via Ed's site (which seems to now be gone sadly).

Interesting is the lack of response by admin here on the matter. I'd like to know whether this is an issue, something that they aren't concerned with or just didn't know about?
quicksilver
User

PostPosted: 16.09.2013 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to play Stratego, you will find Gravon.

"free online stratego" Gravon.net on page one
unbiasbob
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 25.09.2013 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found gravon on page 1 way back in 2005. I was working on a youtube video to promote Gravon with another player (his idea). I thought it was a good idea and couldn't hurt. he said something went wrong in the upload but I would think he or we will try it again. Of course any of you could do a promotional video as well. the more the merrier and better. This is the best Stratego site and we can take the bull by the horns and promote as players. ideas are welcome. the players are out there this we know
jensneuij
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 25.09.2013 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site certainly could use some promotion. I've made two Gravon videos myself tough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uLNhKsdgCc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI-DHsMgFSg

Not my best games but it's just to show how it looks.
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 01.10.2013 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

nice vids, what software do you use to record the videos?

greets
stratego
jensneuij
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 02.10.2013 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypercam 2 if I recall correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: