SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WC Stratego 20-23august Waterloo, Belgium!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 14.05.2015 14:04    Post subject: WC Stratego 20-23august Waterloo, Belgium! Reply with quote

Hello all,

Everyone is invited to join one ore more of the Stratego-tournaments in Waterloo! We will play the battlegame 200 years after Napoleon found his Waterloo! The games will be held on 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23th of august! 

More information in the official Invitiation you can find here: 
http://strategobond.nl/images/invitation%20waterloo%20wc%20stratego%202015.pdf 

Thursday the 20th there will be a WC Ultimate Lightning and a WC Barrage. These are small variants of Stratego. 
Friday 21 and Saturday 22 there will be 2 days, each 5 rounds of Stratego. Also on Saturday the Juniors (born on 2001 or later) will play their tournament. 
On Sunday there is another tournament to join and the best players of each country will compete for the Teamtournament! 
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 04.06.2015 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which Gravonians are going to this exciting Tournament?
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 15.08.2015 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruben87 wrote:

A lot will compete but unfortunately they do not react. Next Thursday the kickoff takes place with UL and Barrage and friday, saturday the classic tournament!
zoro
User

PostPosted: 15.08.2015 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruben87 wrote:
ruben87 wrote:

A lot will compete but unfortunately they do not react. Next Thursday the kickoff takes place with UL and Barrage and friday, saturday the classic tournament!

Hi Ruben

As you already know fonias , me and gpet0 (and also Sekertzis from Greece) will be there!
Cu and all the players in Waterloo.

z
z
z
zoro
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 15.08.2015 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

zoro wrote:
ruben87 wrote:
ruben87 wrote:

Hi Ruben

As you already know fonias , me and gpet0 (and also Sekertzis from Greece) will be there!
Cu and all the players in Waterloo.

z
z
z
zoro

Yes thats very nice! Im looking forward to meet you again. You make also a great team for Sunday! Its a shame Victor couldnt make it though.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 26.08.2015 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great tournament with many different players in all tournaments. We had great fun.

The results with (old) gravon names where possible:
WC Classic:
1. Lightwing
2. JvG
3. Lion
4. AceRimmer
5. Playa1
6. Andreas Weber
7. Flieger
8. Garulfo
9. Psychonaut
10. Berre
see: http://kleier.net/cgi/tourn_table.php?eid=495

WC Barrage
1. Psychonaut
2. Lightwing
3. Bounty

WC UL
1. Acerimmer
2. Psychonaut
3. Nils Abel

Country Teams
1. The Netherlands
2. Germany
3. Greece
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.09.2015 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I have been saying for ages; Lighty is the greatest stratego player ever. Damn shame this site won't act more fairly and allow him to come back. Besides, the way females have been swarming me here, I could use some backup.

P.S. Did Stratego (Dieter) present Lighty with the glorious award and if so, does anybody have pics?

Last edited by sadistic on 05.09.2015 14:25; edited 1 time in total
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 05.09.2015 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those wondering about the presence of Hielco (Freddy Krueger), there is a rumor that he stumbled upon a carefully placed jumbo bag of marshmallows outside the WC building entrance and could not resist. By the time the beloved Gravonian awakened from his belly-up sugar coma, the tournament was over, with Lighty the Great taking the top honors and furthering his legendary status as the best ever. It's a damn shame, because I believe that Hielco could have possibly broken into the top 7, if he played perfectly.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 05.09.2015 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadistic wrote:
For those wondering about the presence of Hielco (Freddy Krueger), there is a rumor that he stumbled upon a carefully placed jumbo bag of marshmallows outside the WC building entrance and could not resist. By the time the beloved Gravonian awakened from his belly-up sugar coma, the tournament was over, with Lighty the Great taking the top honors and furthering his legendary status as the best ever. It's a damn shame, because I believe that Hielco could have possibly broken into the top 7, if he played perfectly.

For those wondering about the person behind the marshmallows, it was me . Pictures can be found via www.strategobond.nl . It is callled "fotos" in Dutch. Lightwing is very good, but it wasnt easy for him. Competition is great!
sadistic
Alter Hase

PostPosted: 06.09.2015 02:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruben87 wrote:
sadistic wrote:

For those wondering about the person behind the marshmallows, it was me . Pictures can be found via www.strategobond.nl . It is callled "fotos" in Dutch. Lightwing is very good, but it wasnt easy for him. Competition is great!

The fact that it wasn't easy, merely makes his victory more impressive. This dutch fellow continues to prevail under extreme pressure, time and again. You euros really do not have much to celebrate these days and if you had any sense, you would be boasting of Lighty and bowing down to him as your bastion of euro pride.

Banning Lighty from Gravon is the equivalent of locking the Boxing Hall of Fame doors on Muhammad Ali. Lighty is amazing. Damn near brings a tear to my eye that I tutored him when he was just beginning his teen years.

Tell me, Ruben; did he utilize one of the classic King Sadi hoodazzlery moves when it counted most? OMG, something tells me he did.
ruben87
Gravon Administrator

PostPosted: 06.09.2015 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Joe Frazier more. No Sadi tricks against me, only lotto. With barrage he used some Sadi techniques though.

sadistic wrote:
ruben87 wrote:
sadistic wrote:

The fact that it wasn't easy, merely makes his victory more impressive. This dutch fellow continues to prevail under extreme pressure, time and again. You euros really do not have much to celebrate these days and if you had any sense, you would be boasting of Lighty and bowing down to him as your bastion of euro pride.

Banning Lighty from Gravon is the equivalent of locking the Boxing Hall of Fame doors on Muhammad Ali. Lighty is amazing. Damn near brings a tear to my eye that I tutored him when he was just beginning his teen years.

Tell me, Ruben; did he utilize one of the classic King Sadi hoodazzlery moves when it counted most? OMG, something tells me he did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: