SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stratego rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enzino

PostPosted: 11.07.2004 11:43    Post subject: Stratego rules Reply with quote

Recently, i played a (nice) match and the following situation was on the board at the end of the game. my opponent's flag was in the corner, a bomb in front of the flag and further he had a general and a colonel. I had 4 lower ranked (including 2 minors) and they were close to the opponent's flag. Since my flag was surrounded by bombs, my opponent positioned his general and colonel around the flag (and bomb). I offered a draw at the end, but could I ever have won in this situation?
What do the rules say in that case? I heard something like that a certain position of a player can only proceed on the board a number of times (just like you cannot forever chase an object on the board). Can somebody help me?

Regards, Enzino
wellington
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 15.07.2004 13:15    Post subject: re: 4 against 2 Reply with quote

This is a certain draw if the guy with the col and general wants it.

First he moves his col 1 square away from the bomb, then he moves it back. Then he moves his general 1 square away from the flag, then he moves it back. He continues this on and on, there is no rule against that. Problem is that you would never get a minor there to do its job.

w.
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 31.07.2004 04:57    Post subject: Win is maybe possible Reply with quote

hi wellington,

i think you are wrong and there is a way for a win.
if one of the 4 lower rank is a scout is not known, but also with
2 serg and 2 miners, it can work. maybe you have some time to
proof this with the feature free setup and open play.

greetings
Stratego
llimoincula

PostPosted: 06.08.2004 06:23    Post subject: both right Reply with quote

Wellington is right, for the wrong reason. One defender has to stay put diagonally from the flag and next to the bomb (if it moves anywhere, as wellington suggests, then the miner on top of the bomb cannot be stopped---the miner can get there easily by using the extra pieces for waste moves). Instead, the second defender alternatively moves in the back row accross 3 different squares and up one if it wishes (unless there's a scout).
stratego
Chief-Admin

PostPosted: 06.08.2004 22:33    Post subject: you cannot stop 2 miners Reply with quote

hello llimoincula,

i think you cannot stop 2 miners, because of the more-field-rule.
but must be proofed.

greetings
Stratego
Lion

PostPosted: 08.08.2004 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

without a scout, I also believe it's impossible to win in this situation, assuming the opponent plays it well
Funny is that here the bombs only stand in the defenders way, if there were 2 bombs the miners would win, and losing the bomb in front of the flag in this situation also helps the defender.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> Stratego-Archiv All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: