SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Answering WSC Emails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagiZedd

PostPosted: 14.07.2003 21:37    Post subject: Answering WSC Emails Reply with quote

>>>>>>>>Why did WSC get taken down?

The original point of the WSC was to give all the players Fairhousing had basically screwed over a place to play and communicate in a ladder enviorment.
With all the democracy and complication that imposed on the club's base, it was coming increasingly difficult to stay motivated about it from a programmer's viewpoint (considering I wasn't a player).
It's continued hosting was in consideration that at the time there was no completely FREE RANKED site to play at. Plus I really didn't want everyone to have to fall back on Meta which while having a working game and ladder system, didn't have a friendly enviorment, and a kinda two faced administator (if you ask me).
When spion and SM showed up it was kinda a helpful relief. While I liked programming for WSC, it was becoming more and more obvious that I had creative diffrences with the GB. And having no real personal intrest in the game other than giving others a place to play it, it probably would be easier for actual fanatical players like SM to uphold such a trend.
When the rankings showed up at Gravon I didn't see much need for WSC to stick around. The club had served it's purpose and sense I was never going to find the funding I needed to put my game online, I simply closed the club.

>>>>>>>>Is the content still around?

Yes. If you need any of it, just email me. magizedd@eyeshock.com.

>>>>>>>>Where is Zeddweb?

Zeddweb is changing servers. It will most likely be back online sometime later this month with lots of much needed updates.

>>>>>>>>Will you ever release the game?

I will probably release the non-online version of the game sense that cost nothing to maintain. This version at this time includes 2 computers settings, Easy and Normal. Plans were in the making for additional AI Fuzzy Logic that would think and act like several players that were well known for their ability to dominate the field. Though I doubt that will happen.

>>>>>>>>When the game/wsc downloads are released, where will they be available?

Most likely Zeddweb.com

>>>>>>>>Is WSC over for good?

I don't know. I actually got some neat inqueries about WSC after I took it down. It's all a matter of what people want.
It sounds lately like everyone wants a club as opposed to a ladder sense they have that now.
I thought about simply setting up a template for a "club site" that would allow articles, reviews, forums, tournaments, whatever.
But as mentioned it's all a matter of what people want.
Gaius_Marius
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 15.07.2003 01:50    Post subject: Translation...... Reply with quote

I'm really apologizing for misleading u stratego players. I really had no clue on how to program a stratego game and keep it running. So basically Gravon bailed me out of the promise I made to you about my "Worldclass game". I'd much rather make incomprehensible cartoons and post pics of myself and my middle finger. So basically he's telling u players to quit asking him about his site by giving that cock and bull story about his club.

PostPosted: 15.07.2003 14:21    Post subject: Re: Translation...... Reply with quote

Gaius_Marius wrote:
I'd much rather make incomprehensible cartoons and post pics of myself and my middle finger.

Didn't know you followed my line of websites so closely, Alex.

It's good to have a fan/stalker.
Gaius_Marius
Fortgeschrittener

PostPosted: 15.07.2003 19:46    Post subject: Translation #2 Reply with quote

I really have no clue as to what a stalker is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gravon - Das Spielerparadies Forum Index -> English All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: